Adobe offers preview of new video editing features
Adobe has given a sneak preview of forthcoming enhancements to Premiere Pro and its other video apps. The new features focus on new media management, giving greater control over the ingest process. Premiere will work natively with 6K or 8K files and Premiere can automatically generate low res proxies on import, allowing editing on less powerful systems. The Lumetri color panel has been also been revised.
Image: Great White by Sergio Ricardo
Octopus escapes tank and finds way back to ocean
Inky the octopus, of New Zealand’s National Aquarium in Napier, gained instant celebrity when it was revealed that he escaped his tank, crawled across the aquarium floor, and made it to a discharge pipe to the Pacific ocean. Inky was already well known to the coastal city of Napier. He was rescued in 2004 after being caught and injured in a crayfish pot. In a public contest he was named Inky through popular vote.
Video: Raja Mono - A Study in Contrast by Ron Lagerlof.
Image: Face to Face by Alex Suh
Nauticam announces housing for Nikon D5
Nauticam will be shipping their housing for the Nikon D5 SLR camera shortly. It features a new built-in opto-electrical converter that connects to the camera via a hotshoe and outputs via fiber optic bulkheads. Nauticam are also offering an optional converter that allows TTL flash metering. ISO adjustment is available via a lever on the right hand side, and there is access to Preview and assignable Function buttons 1 and 2.
Indonesia blows up 23 foreign fishing vessels
One week ago, on tuesday April 5th, Indonesia’s Maritime Affairs and Fisheries Minister Susi Pudjiastuti gave a live stream order and simultaneously blew up 23 illegal fishing vessels in seven different locations around the country. The Indonesian government has stepped up efforts to keep illegal fishing vessels out of its waters in recent years.
Video: Lionfish footage on Wild Oceans
- Leonardo DiCaprio’s 2014 UN climate speech (via )
- Scuba diver stays underwater for 51 hours breaks world record (via )
- ARRI unveils 6.5K sensor Alexa 65 (via )
- Issue 29 of African Diver is now available (via )
- Tangled manta ray cut free by divers in Costa Rica (via )
- Nikon updates Capture NX-D and other software (via )
- Split of iguana NG photo of the day by Lorenzo Mittiga (via )
- Olympus updates E-M1 firmware (via )
- Photo related features of the Apple Watch (via )
- Nikon D810 cameras with thermal fix marked with blue dot on box (via )