New titles from New World Publications
New World Publications has massively updated two of their seminal reference books about Reef Creatures and Reef Coral Identification for Florida, the Caribbean and Bahamas. Both new books have had significant numbers of new species added.
Teaser: Sea of Love humpback footage
Nauticam releases Super Macro Conversion lens
During the DEMA show last week, Nauticam were exhibiting a new Super Macro Conversion lens (SMC). The SMC utilises low dispersion optical grade glass lenses, specifically deigned and made for underwater use and gives a magnification factor of 2.3x. The minimum focus distance when using the lens is 50mm when used with a 105mm or 100mm lens
Final call: Ocean Art 2013
The 2013 Ocean Art contest’s deadline for submissions is 14 November at 11:59 PST. Late entries will be accepted up until 17 November, however, the price for each entry rises to $12/photo.
Typhoon relief plea for the Philippines
Typhoon Haiyan wreaked havoc in many parts of the Philippines, leaving thousands homeless and without food or electricity. The death toll is in the thousands. As underwater photographers, the Philippines is a popular destination and we’ve benefitted from the beauty and hospitality of the Filipinos. Right now, the Filipinos need our help to survive and rebuild. Please donate what you can to help those affected. The list of donor agencies are listed in the forum thread.
Wetpixel on Instagram
Wetpixel is now on Instagram under the username Wetpixelgram. We launched our account at DEMA 2013 and can’t wait to get some underwater photos up. So, please follow us and tag #Wetpixel or @Wetpixelgram in your underwater images.
Wetpixel DEMA reports 2013
Wetpixel’s coverage of the 2013 DEMA show, held at the Orange County Convention Center, Orlando, Florida. The show runs from 6 to 9 November. Wetpixel’s Adam Hanlon and Abi Mullens are reporting on the show, and aim to give a flavor and updates from the “show floor” thoughout. Please keep checking back to get the latest news.
Aquatica announces the A70D housing
Aquatica has released details of their housing for the Canon EOS 70D. It features redesigned access to the Quick Command control, the AF-ON /* lever has been fitted fitted with a rotating collar and the ISO button is now activated with a lever. In addition, the new housing will ship with Aquatica’s new “Pressure Check” vacuum system.
- Nikon hack removes video time limit from D3100, D3200, D5100 and… (via )
- Alex Mustard to speak at 2020Vision Theatre Show, Derby, UK on… (via )
- Avatar sequels to feature “underwater motion… (via )
- RED details Scarlet upgrade and trade-in packages (via )
- Manatee death rate at all time high due to toxic bloom (via )
- Sony expands XAVC format for pro and consumer use (via )
- Panasonic releases the DMC-GF6 mirrorless camera (via )
- RED performs live Dragon sensor upgrades at NAB (via )
- Redrock unveils its Cobalt cage for the GoPro HERO3 (via )
- RED announces its Motion mount. Stops CMOS rolling shutter issues (via )