Sea & Sea announces the RDX-100D housing
Sea & Sea has announced the release of a polycarbonate housing for the Canon EOS EOS Rebel SL1/100D. The RDX-100D can be fitted with Sea & Sea’s internal YS TTL convertor although it is supplied with 2 fiber optic ports as standard. It also features a redesigned focus/zoom control and is compatible with the company’s magnified viewfinders.
Trip thread for Wetpixel Lembeh Macro Workshop
Wetpixel’s Lembeh Macro Workshop is about to kick off at Lembeh Resort. 31 Photographers from around the world are gathering to experience 10 days of tuition into the “dark” art of macro photography delivered by Wetpixel Associate Editor Alex Mustard around the iconic dive sites of the world capital of muck diving, Lembeh Straits. The event starts on Saturday, and Wetpixel Editor, Adam Hanlon is also on hand to support Alex, and to give you “live” commentary over on the trip’s thread on the forum.
Underwater panoramic camera used to document reefs
National aquarium moves from DC to Baltimore
The government is not the only thing in D.C. to shutdown this week. The National Aquarium is closing it’s doors and becoming a basement walkway, displacing approximately 2,500 aquatic residents.
Nikon unveils the D610
Nikon has announced its D610 FX SLR camera. Widely rumoured to be a solution for the sensor oil spotting problem that occurred with the D600, there are actually only three new features on it. A new shutter mechanism allows for 6fps continuous shooting and a quiet continuous mode at 3fps. It also features an improved white balance system.
Report suggests oceans are entering a phase of extinction
New App: Reef Fishes of the East Indies
The three-volume textbook cataloging every known fish species in the coral triangle will be available as three interlinking Pad (imminent) or Kindle Fire (from 10 October) Apps. The Apps load onto the device, meaning that they can be used in areas where there is limited internet connectivity, and will be updated as new discoveries are made.
Giant Squid washes ashore in Cantabria, Spain
An elusive Giant Squid washed ashore in Cantabria, Spain on La Arena Beach on 1 October. The Architeuthis dux is the largest of all invertebrates and this one was a full 30 feet long.
- Florida manatee death toll continues to rise (via )
- Scubapro launches the Waterman Award contest (via )
- Adobe to release a major upgrade to its Production Premium… (via )
- Pre-NAB: Canon announced firmware update for EOS C500 and C500PL… (via )
- Aljazeera reports on a “Diminishing Ray of Hope” for… (via )
- Adobe releases Lightroom 4.4 and Camera Raw 7.4 (via )
- Yet more Nikon firmware updates: D3, D4, D7000, D3X, D3S and… (via )
- Lenovo releases monitor which displays 99% of Adobe RGB gamut (via )
- Nikon also updates D600 firmware to 1.01 (via )
- Nikon releases firmware version A1.01 for D800/D800E SLRs (via )