Product release: Nauticam housing for EOS-6D
Nauticam has released full details of their NA-6D housing for the Canon EOS 6D camera that will be available from 15 May at a US retail price of $3,300. The housing features the multi controller pad from their Nikon housings giving access to the camera’s 8-way controller, and a dial that controls the camera’s rear command dial on the right hand side of the housing.
Nauticam previews housing for Atomos Ninja 2
Sony updates HDR-AS15 Action Cam
Sony has announced the release of a firmware upgrade and new accessories for their HDR-AS15 Action Cam. The firmware boosts the camera’s available framerate at 1080 to 60 frames progressive. In addition there is an underwater setting which is designed to give better White Balance underwater.
REEF to hold festival in Key Largo
The Reef Environmental Education Foundation (REEF) is hosting a 4 day festival of diving, learning and parties in Key Largo, Florida from 8 to 11 August. The event celebrates 2013 as the organization’s twentieth year.
Call for entries: Sharks in Focus photography competition
Nauticam announces the NA-D7100 housing
Nauticam USA has announced the specifications of their housing for the Nikon D7100 SLR camera. Shipping from 5 May at a US retail price of $3,200, the NA-D7100 features ISO, image review, record and AF/AE lock levers, a new lever to activate the camera’s info button and a locking control for the mode dial lock button.
Preview: Nikon D7100 underwater
UK government attacks copyright laws
Edmond Terakopian reports in his blog that the UK government has passed an Act that will allow the unauthorized use and free use of any work that is considered “orphaned”. The Enterprise and Regulatory Reform Act means that any digital work that does not have metadata or watermarking showing ownership can be used without payment.
- Ikelite Announces New Lithium Ion Batteries and Charger (via DivePhotoGuide)
- U’Water Photography news - DUC Shootout 2013 (via African Diver)
- ‘Vampires’ attack penguin chicks (via BBC)
- Video of the Week: Lembeh Strait Critter Highlights (via DivePhotoGuide)
- Chemical link to otter penis problem (via BBC)
- Initial Analysis of James Cameron’s Expedition Revealed (via DivePhotoGuide)
- Adobe Camera Raw turns 10 (via DivePhotoGuide)
- Shark Scientist: Northwest Pacific Whites Aren't Threatened or… (via DivePhotoGuide)
- Nikon D600 "Dust" Service Advisory (via DivePhotoGuide)
- 62 Year-Old Albatross and Oldest Known Wild Bird Hatches Chick (via DivePhotoGuide)