Anti leak absorbent sachets for GoPro cameras available
Leak Insure has announced that they are producing special desiccant sachets designed for use with GoPro housings. These are thin enough to fit in Go Pro housing and are made from a new paper and desiccant laminate that can also help absorb any moisture that occurs after minor floods.
Image: Hammerhead by John Chapa
John Chapa shared this outstanding image of a Hammerhead shark on Facebook. Here he tells us how he got the shot:
Cave diving in Russia
Aquapazza announces housing for Sigma Merrill cameras
Aquapazza has announced their APSG-DPM housing for the Sigma Merrill DP system compact cameras. The housing has a modular lens port system to allow it to be used with all three models of the Merrill DP cameras. It also features a rail for the attachment of a sun shield for the LCD screen and a fiber optic port for strobe triggering.
Image: Rhino shrimp by Suria Nataadmadja
Suria Nataadmadja shared this fantastic shot of a Rhino Shrimp. Here he tells us how he got the shot while diving in Anilao, Philippines.
Call for entries: Our World Underwater 2014
The 2014 Our World Underwater contest is now live and calling for entries. Hosted by Wetpixel and DivePhotoGuide, there are over $85,000 worth of prizes, including $1,000 in cash. The deadline is quite tight, all entries must be received by 2 February, so please don’t delay.
Final call: Wetpixel Komodo Expedition
Wetpixel has some late availability for the Wetpixel South Komodo Expedition. The trip, aboard the luxury liveaboard The Seven Seas will take in amazing, clear, warm 84°F degree water and some of the healthiest reefs you have ever seen, and reefs inundated with crinoids and soft corals. (Photo by Linda Johnston)
New Zealand sets out to ban finning
X-Ray magazine has posted an article about the New Zealand government implementing a timetable to ban shark finning. The ban will be phased in, with the first species being protected from October 2014, and all 113 species that exist in New Zealand waters being included in the ban by 2016. (Image from Shutterstock)
- Adobe releases Camera Raw release candidate 8.1 (via )
- Red Sea moon jelly gallery (via )
- John Kerry and Arctic Council to meet today (via )
- Panasonic updates 12-35mm f2.8 X lens to firmware version 1.2 (via )
- Nikon announces 1 system 32mm f1.2 lens (via )
- Zombie worms feast on whale bones (via )
- Senegal begins marine conservation project (via BBC)
- Atmospheric CO2 reaches 400 parts per million (via BBC)
- More information about possibilities for Lightroom and the… (via )
- Call for entries: 2013 National Geographic Traveller photo… (via )