Introducing USB Type C
Apple has announced that their new Macbook computers will be equipped with USB-C connections, ahead of what is expected to be universal adoption by the computer industry. Photo District News reports that the idea behind the new connection is that it will ultimately replace the current myriad of options into a single design.
Coral, Fire and Ice in Calgary
Dr. Eugenie Clark by Howard Rosenstein
Video: Wakatobi Part 3 by Earth Touch
Earth Touch has continued their video exploration of Wakatobi in this week’s Wild Oceans episode. The video features more reef inhabitants, filmed by Stewart Whitfield. Amongst the species are Clark’s anemonefish (Amphiprion clarkii), the longnose butterflyfish (Forcipiger flavissimus) and the elusive freckled hawkfish (Paracirrhites forsteri).
Join Wetpixel in Raja Ampat in 2016
Sailors for the Sea launches Ocean Watch magazine
March issue of X Ray Mag available
The March 2015 issue of X Ray Magazine is now available for download. In issue #65, there are articles about Tiger Beach San Salvador and the Shark Feeder Program, Bahamas. In addition diving in Iceland, Malpelo, Kyrgyzstan and cave diving in China are featured along with GoPro use underwater.
Nauticam ships housing for Sony A7 Mark II
Nauticam has announced that their housing for the Sony a7 Mark II mirrorless camera is now shipping. The NA-A7II features lever controls for AF-ON, review and record. In addition, it features a switch to enable or disable the EVF. The port selection offers support for the Sony 16-25mm f4 rectilinear wide-angle zoom.
- Local Hawaiians killing Monk Seals (via )
- Review of the Nikon AW1 (via )
- December edition of DIVEMAG now available to download (via )
- Japanese super sub discovered off Hawaii (via )
- December issue of DIVE magazine available to download (via )
- Seahorse shape aids stealth hunting techniques (via BBC)
- Protecting underwater real estate for fish (via )
- NOAA and state shark fin bans (via )
- New marine conservation zones for UK (via BBC)
- Video: Coral spawning on the Great Barrier Reef (via BBC)