Google adds more underwater locations to Street View
Scubapro launches photo and essay contest
Scubapro has launched a photo/essay competition, utilizing submission via Instagram and the company’s Facebook page. The contest is honoring Dr. Sylvia Earle’s contribution to the marine environment.
Inon supports Fujifilm XQ1 compact
Inon is offering a lens mount base that allows the use of Inon 28LD mount lenses with the Fujifilm WP-XQ1 housing for the XQ1 camera. In addition, they are offering two versions of fiber optic cable bushes for use with either type L or Sea&Sea fiber cables. Both the latter are supplied with stickers for masking the camera’s internal flash output.
Nikon releases Capture NX-D beta
Nikon has released a beta version of their new Capture NX-D RAW processing software. It features a non-destructive editing process, with image information being saved into sidecar files and allows for adjustment of images. It also has a number of display options, batch processing options and viewing filters.
Final call: Wildlife Photographer of the Year
The Wildlife Photographer of the Year (WPOTY) contest for 2014 closes for entries on 27 February at 12.00pm GMT. It offers a specific category entitled “Underwater Species” as well as categories that focus on “Earth’s Environments” and “World in Our Hands.”
Nikon unveils the D4s SLR
Nikon has released an updated version of their D4 full frame pro SLR. Labelled the D4s, the camera features several refinements over its sibling, namely more processing power, autofocus refinements (including a new “group AF” mode), faster continuous shooting, and enhanced video features (including 1080/60p support). In addition, it has a new smaller sized Raw format option to speed workflow and an improvement in battery life.
Underwater portraits of Shakespeare actors
Job opportunity at DivePhotoGuide
Our friends over at DivePhotoGuide are looking for new staff team members. They are looking for seeking underwater photographers that have a basic understanding of the industry and are constantly on the look out for news about underwater imaging. They should also be able to write articles and have some free time available.
- Fisherman receiving backlash for mako shark catch off CA (via )
- Whale deaths to be minimized as shipping lanes moved (via )
- DIVE magazine’s June issue is available to download (via )
- Issue 27 of African Diver is now available to download (via African Diver)
- EU plans to reform fishing policies to end exploitation (via )
- Think Tank launches the “About a Photography” video… (via )
- Issue 28 of the The Underwater Journal available to download (via )
- Basking sharks avoiding Scotland’s cooler waters (via )
- BBC revisits Final Cut Pro X (via )
- Canon produces its 90 millionth EF lens (via )