ML DNG RAW video supported in Da Vinci Resolve
Black Magic Design has just updated its Resolve color grading software. Version 9.15 now offers support for DNG files that have been converted from the original Magic Lantern RAW.
Manatees are super sensitive to touch
A paper published in the peer reviewed journal Journal of Comparative Physiology A has shown that Florida manatees (Trichechus manatus latirostris) have the ability to sense water movements thousands of times smaller than the width of a human hair. They do this via sense receptors in their facial whiskers.
Inon publishes guide to color temperature conversion
Video: Fur seal pups frolicking in waterfall
Report from the 2013 Digital Shootout published
Kickstarter project: Ziphius Aquatic drone
The creators of the Ziphius Aquatic drone are seeking funding on Kickstarter. The ROV is controlled by cameras and smartphones from up to 300 ft away and can output real-time 720p video to an external device or record to an internal SD card. It is not designed for sub-surface use, but can achieve up to 6 mph on the surface.
Yap Pacific World Shoot Out 2013 announced
Yap Pacific Dive resort has announced that it will be running the Yap Pacific World Shoot Out from 15 August. Also entitled “The World’s Best UW Photo”, the contest is based around a public vote on Facebook.
Cayman Islands Underwater Photography Competition announced
The Cayman Islands Tourist Authority (CITA) is hosting its Underwater Photography Competition in conjunction with the 9th Annual International Underwater Film Festival. The photography competition is open to anyone, professional or amateur and local or visitor who wishes to submit photos to be considered in the contest. All entries must have been taken in the Cayman Islands.
- Dr. Sylvia Earle speaks on “Quest for Sustainable Seas” at UC… (via )
- Manta trade proves that no species is safe from burgeoning… (via )
- Hundreds of sea lion pups wash ashore in California (via )
- Nikon repairs salt damaged lens by boiling it (via )
- Ocean plankton soaks up more than twice the carbon previously… (via )
- NCUPS’s SEA underwater photo and video competition is accepting… (via )
- In the forum: Dive the World Magazine closes down (via )
- The 2013 BSoUP Splash in to be held on 6 July in Plymouth, UK. (via )
- Sony releases firmware v1.10 for F5, F55 and AXA-R5 cameras.… (via )
- PEW sets out the case for a marine reserve off East Antarctica (via )