Blackfish now showing in theatres
Forum post: Wetpixel Whale Sharks 2013
Wetpixel’s annual whale shark extravaganza is about to kick off, with people jetting in to Isla Mujeres over the next couple of days. Our first day on the water is Wednesday, and my aim is to try to give those of you who can’t be with us, a taste of what witnessing this amazing event is like. I have opened a topic in the forum where we will be posting about the trip as often as we can.
Aerial surf footage from a quadcopter
Recsea announces housing for Sony RX100 Mk. II
Recsea has announced that it is releasing an aluminum housing for the Sony RX100 II compact camera. Amongst other features, it offers access to both front and rear control rings and a “half press” shutter for “camera control”.
Scubazoo produces new educational videos
Human wall guides baby turtles to sea
ML DNG RAW video supported in Da Vinci Resolve
Black Magic Design has just updated its Resolve color grading software. Version 9.15 now offers support for DNG files that have been converted from the original Magic Lantern RAW.
Manatees are super sensitive to touch
A paper published in the peer reviewed journal Journal of Comparative Physiology A has shown that Florida manatees (Trichechus manatus latirostris) have the ability to sense water movements thousands of times smaller than the width of a human hair. They do this via sense receptors in their facial whiskers.
- Fstoppers posts about the art of Lightroom catalog management (via )
- Adobe to stop shipping boxed software from 30 April 2013,… (via )
- Netflix expects 4K streaming within two years (via )
- Photographer lists his subject as a defendant in copyright suit (via )
- Fstoppers reviews the Sigma 17-70mm f2.8-4 lens (via )
- First images and specs of Canon EOS Kiss X7 SLR (via )
- A new study shows that stressed corals fluoresce less when… (via )
- New restrictions affect Hong Kong shark fin traders (via )
- Dr. Sylvia Earle speaks on “Quest for Sustainable Seas” at UC… (via )
- Manta trade proves that no species is safe from burgeoning… (via )