Greenpeace showcases the biological diversity of Raja Ampat
Greenpeace has featured a gallery of pictures by Paul Hilton showcasing the biological diversity of Raja Ampat, Indonesia. The organization published the images to celebrate the International Day for Biological Diversity. (Image is © Paul Hilton / Greenpeace)
Death by ctenophore on BlennyWatcher
Ned and Anna DeLoach of BlennyWatcher have been studying the feeding habits on benthic ctenophores during their recent trip to Indonesia. These creatures, related to comb jellies, were thought to be plankton feeders, but have now been shown to be active and voracious predators, feeding on crabs, fish and even tube worms. (Images by Ned DeLoach/BlennyWatcher.com).
Book: The Eye of the Whale
Author and illustrator Jennifer O’Connell has produced an illustrated book entitled The Eye of the Whale that tells the story of the remarkable rescue of a humpback whale entangled in line, as well as the whale’s remarkable and profound connection that it shared with its rescuers.
Red Giant launches beta of BulletProof
NG cover shot of James Cameron taken in a tank
When the June issue of National Geographic hits newsstands in a few days, readers will have a deeper view of James Cameron. At first glance the cover shot appears to be a standard underwater portrait. But the “Behind the Cover” story sheds some light on how it was captured.
How to print a life size photograph of a whale
Agony in a bowl: Amazing claymation video
13-year old Kyle Kelleher has produced a short claymation video to help bring awareness about the controversial delicacy of shark fin soup.
Flickr: “No such thing as professional photographers anymore”
Whilst announcing a redesign of Flickr, Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer claimed that the company wants “to make Flickr awesome again”. She went on to say that: “There’s no such thing as Flickr Pro today because [with so many people taking photographs] there’s really no such thing as professional photographers anymore,” although she acknowledged that there are photographers with “different skill levels”.
- Underwater Photographry magazine issue 71 is available to… (via )
- Hope still for a pro Nikon DX body: “The D7100 is not… (via )
- Ikelite offers housings for Sony A57 and A65 SLT cameras (via )
- EU Ministers vote to accept fish dumping ban. Spain, France and… (via BBC)
- PEW experts discuss shark and manta ray protection (via )
- Shelley Beach - Diver missing (via African Diver)
- SmallHD offers $50 off the cost of their AC7 monitor until 1… (via )
- VIDEO: Mantas Last Dance (via DivePhotoGuide)
- Going Down Under: Photographing The Great Barrier Reef (via DivePhotoGuide)
- Adobe releases Lightroom 4.4 and ACR 7.4 release candidates (via )