Divemaster game released
Wetpixel member Gyula Somogyi (Jules (Helioxfilm)) has released a new iOS and Android scuba diving game. It revolves around the work that a Divemaster has to do to look after a group of 8 divers who wish to take pictures of specific animals on the reef. Successfully guiding the divers results in tips, whilst if they are not looked after, the divers may get into difficulties.
Call for entries: TEKDiveUSA 2014
TEKDiveUSA’s underwater photography contest is open for entries. Hosted on Facebook and with the results being decided by public vote, the contest is seeking entries featuring technical diving images in three categories: Cave, Wreck and Reef.
8 UW Photo tips and interview with Sarah Lee
Howard Hall profiled in New Yorker
Call for entries: Big Picture 2014
The California Academy of Sciences is calling for entries to its Big Picture Natural World Photography Competition. This is offering a $5,000 cash as well as equipment prizes. Categories include Marine Mammals, Fish and Amphibians as well as Waterscapes.
Sealux announces the 4K CC1DC
Sealux has announced details of their housing for the Canon EOS 1D-C. Uniquely, the housing has a control dial on the left for zoom and one on the right for manual focus. It has three viewing windows and is compatible with Sealux’s port system.
Underwater worms by Alexander Semenov
Alexander Semenov has produced a series of underwater photographs of worms. Working over the course of ten days on two separate trips to Australia’s Great Barrier Reef and the White Sea in Northern Russia. Semenov photographed over 220 separate species of worms to produce these intriguing images.
Ikelite releases housing for Canon EOS 100D/Rebel SL1
Ikelite are shipping their housing for the EOS 100D/Rebel SL1. It is compact and features Ikelite’s signature TTL flash triggering. Port compatibility is offered for the Tokina 10-17mm (with some vignetting in the 10-12mm range), EF-S 18-55mm STM, and EF-S 60mm Macro lenses.
- Coca Rocha talks about using moving cinemagraphs (via )
- David duChemin on being more creative (via )
- The Daily Mail features the results of DEEP Indonesia (via )
- Windows adds raw support for 22 cameras (via )
- Apple updates its Digital Camera Raw compatibility to 4.06 (via )
- Olympus releases firmware updates for OMD and PEN cameras (via )
- Brunei institutes Asia’s first nationwide shark fin ban (via )
- Chagos marine park in Indian Ocean ruled lawful (via BBC)
- Bioluminescent sand Avatar in real life (via )
- Apple announces new Mac Pros (via )