Nauticam ships housing for PowerShot S120
Nauticam is shipping their housing for the Canon PowerShot S120 compact camera. It features access to the camera’s front command dial, a 67mm thread on its lens port to facilitate the attachment of accessory lenses and fiber optic bulkheads for strobe triggering.
New iPhone housing on Kickstarter
Ovision has initiated a Kickstarter campaign to fund the production of their aluminum iPhone housing. The housing is compatible with all iPhone 4, the 5 and 5S models and is waterproof to 300ft. Ovision has also released a free App that simplifies control of the phone when it is in the housing.
Image: Giacomo Marchione’s Clownfish
Giacamo Marchione has shared a wonderful shot of two Clownfish on a white anemone. Here he shares how he got the shot while scuba diving in Wakatobi, Indonesia.
Sea & Sea announces housing for EOS 70D
Sea & Sea has announced the release of their MDX aluminum housing for the Canon EOS 70D. It features the company’s new internal optical YS converter, which converts the camera’s TTL electronic signal into a fiber output. In addition, it has a quick control multi-function button, leak sensor and an externally accessible port lock.
Nauticam announces housing for OM-D E-M1
Nauticam has announced that they are now shipping their housing for the Olympus OM-D EM1 mirrorless camera. The NA-EM1 features a vacuum leak detection system as standard, an externally accessed port lock, built-in handles and fiber optic bulkheads for strobe triggering. In addition, there is support for a large number of micro 4/3s lenses.
Spaces on Dominica sperm whale trip available
Our good friend and awesome photographer, Keri Wilk, is running two trips to photograph sperm whales (Physeter macrocephalus) in Dominica this coming February and March. He has just let us know that a few spots have opened up due to very last minute cancellations, so they are up for grabs immediately.
New version of Bermuda Reef Life App released
The Bermuda Zoological Society and the Atlantic Conservation Partnership have released version 2 of their Bermuda Reef Life App. It now contains 260 images of 136 species of the area’s marine life, and has updated several taxonomic changes.
Image: “Flying High” by Rico Besserdich
- Atmospheric CO2 reaches 400 parts per million (via BBC)
- More information about possibilities for Lightroom and the… (via )
- Call for entries: 2013 National Geographic Traveller photo… (via )
- New nudibranch, crinoid and amphipods discovered in Madang… (via )
- Lundy Island, UK hosts splash-in photographic contest (via )
- NHK and Mitsubishi develop H.265 encoder for 8K video (via )
- Tony Wu’s blog on capturing the red snapper spawning… (via )
- Spring issue of Alert Diver available now (via )
- Tony Wu’s sea lion shots are cute overload (via )
- U.S. to protect endangered Loggerhead habitat (via )