This website is phishing for photographers
The website WallPart preys on photographers by pulling images from Google Images when one searches for their name in the database of prints for sale. The one clickable link on most pages is a Violation form that phishes for photographer’s information. The website has been making the rounds on the internet the past several days. Do not visit the website and by all means, do not submit your information to the website.
Call for entries: Tenerife Guimar Open Fotosub
The 2015 Tenerife Guimar Fotosub splash in contest will be held from 23 October to 8 November in the village of Guimar, on the island of Tenerife, Spain. The competition is open for registrations now through to 21 October and has categories for professional and novice entrants, as well as video and actioncam.
nju system releases the Splashbag
nju system has released the Splashbag, which is a camera backpack specifically tailored to the needs of underwater image makers. Constructed to be as water resistant as possible, it features stow away harness and customizable internal dividers. It can accommodate a large SLR housing with an attached viewfinder, strobes and a dome port if required.
Video: Hammerhead fin cam by Andy Casagrande
Ikelite ships Sony RX100 IV housing
Ikelite has announced their housing for the Sony RX100 IV. The new housing has a slide-in front loading camera tray and a redesigned spring-loaded rear dial control. Ikelite’s polycarbonate construction means that the camera’s wifi function can be used to download images at the surface.
GoPro to launch mobile editing app
National Geographic provide advice about success on Instagram
National Geographic has posted part 1 of an article entitled “So You Want to be Successful on Instagram” on its Voices blog. The post asserts that Instagram has “become the social network for visual people” and emphasizes how crucial it is for photographers to get their work on it. Equally, the author Kike Calvo also recognizes the difficulty in getting images seen given the sheer volume of postings.
Flickr reinstates Pro membership level
- 6.9 earthquake off California in Pacific Ocean sunday (via )
- Fleet of underwater drones to map ocean floor (via )
- Hammerhead shark by Denis Nezhentsev - NG photo of the day (via )
- Sony promises improved image quality update for A7 and A7R (via )
- New California bill seeks to ban Orcas performing in captivity (via )
- Getty images are now free for non-commercial use (via )
- Harp seal found on New York beach (via )
- Malibu protects dolphins and whales (via )
- Issue 14 of Anima Mundi magazine is now available to download (via )
- Sea Lions of the Galapagos Islands (via )