Sea&Sea announces the MDX-D810 housing
Sea&Sea has announced full details of their housing for the Nikon D810. The MDX-D810 is compatible with their Internal Optical YS converter and the new Fiber Optic cable II. It also features a zoom/focus gear that can be retracted in order to insert big diameter lenses.
Alex Mustard offers underwater photography masterclass
Ginclearfilm offers filmmaking seminar
Field review: Inon GoPro accessory system
Wetpixel Editor Adam Hanlon presents a field review of Inon’s GoPro accessory system. It features a cage mounting system, two wet conversion lenses, arms and lights. The review was carried out at Tiger Beach during the Wetpixel Tiger Sharks Expedition.
Keri Wilk’s sperm whale poonado goes viral
Spaces available for Wetpixel Oceanic Whitetips Expedition
We have a few spaces left on our trip to Cat Island, Bahamas to dive and photograph the amazing oceanic whitetip sharks (Carcharhinus longimanus) that are resident there from March through June. The trip dates are from the 12 to 18 April 2015. Please email Adam if you are interested
Sea&Sea updates MDX housing for 5D Mark III
Sea&Sea has announced a new version of their MDX housing for the Canon EOS 5D Mark III. The MDX-5DMKIII Ver. 2 housing has a movable zoom/focus gear to allow larger diameter lenses to be inserted, has an adjustable shutter release and is equipped with Sea& Sea’s Internal YS Optical Converter, which allows TTL fiber optic triggering of strobes.
HydroFlex debuts housing for ALEXA 65
An article in Film and Digital Times, HydroFlex has announced that their new Remote AquaCam housing for the ARRI ALEXA 65 has been in use shooting VFX sequences for a “major motion picture” at the underwater stage at Pinewood Studios, near London, England. As no actual camera was available at the time, the housing was originally designed using CAD and 2D design drawings.
- Adobe Lightroom 5.3 and Camera RAW 8.3 release candidates… (via )
- Rare Right Whale spotted in Victoria BC (via )
- Underwater Photography magazine issue 75 available to download (via )
- November issue of DIVE magazine available to download (via )
- Ze Frank’s true facts of the cuttlefish (via )
- Pacific ocean warming fastest in 10,000 years (via )
- New dolphin species discovered off Australia (via )
- Asian carp reproducing in Great Lakes (via )
- Lou Reed: Landscape photographer (via )
- Issue 57 of X-Ray magazine is now available to download (via )