Call for entries: TEKDiveUSA 2014
TEKDiveUSA’s underwater photography contest is open for entries. Hosted on Facebook and with the results being decided by public vote, the contest is seeking entries featuring technical diving images in three categories: Cave, Wreck and Reef.
8 UW Photo tips and interview with Sarah Lee
Howard Hall profiled in New Yorker
Call for entries: Big Picture 2014
The California Academy of Sciences is calling for entries to its Big Picture Natural World Photography Competition. This is offering a $5,000 cash as well as equipment prizes. Categories include Marine Mammals, Fish and Amphibians as well as Waterscapes.
Sealux announces the 4K CC1DC
Sealux has announced details of their housing for the Canon EOS 1D-C. Uniquely, the housing has a control dial on the left for zoom and one on the right for manual focus. It has three viewing windows and is compatible with Sealux’s port system.
Underwater worms by Alexander Semenov
Alexander Semenov has produced a series of underwater photographs of worms. Working over the course of ten days on two separate trips to Australia’s Great Barrier Reef and the White Sea in Northern Russia. Semenov photographed over 220 separate species of worms to produce these intriguing images.
Ikelite releases housing for Canon EOS 100D/Rebel SL1
Ikelite are shipping their housing for the EOS 100D/Rebel SL1. It is compact and features Ikelite’s signature TTL flash triggering. Port compatibility is offered for the Tokina 10-17mm (with some vignetting in the 10-12mm range), EF-S 18-55mm STM, and EF-S 60mm Macro lenses.
World Shootout call for entries
The World Shootout is calling for entries in their 2014 competition. Final deadline for competition registration and images/videos submission is July 31st, 2014.
- Photoshop CC tutorials available on Adobe TV (via )
- The most important cinema cameras of 2013 (via )
- Scientists discover shark spawning ground off Scotland (via BBC)
- Alien Skin updates Exposure 5 plug in (via )
- Secrets of breath holding mammals revealed (via )
- Build your own plastic camera (via )
- Sylvia Earle’s latest blog post on Huffington Post Green (via )
- UW photos of Bryde’s whale in full balloon mode (via )
- Coca Rocha talks about using moving cinemagraphs (via )
- David duChemin on being more creative (via )