Happy Holidays 2016
Wishing the Wetpixel community a very happy holiday season 2016. If you are fortunate enough to be diving over the holidays, may your dives be safe, your subjects plentiful and the light perfect! Of course, we also hope that you will find time to gather with friends and family and enjoy celebrating the holidays together or just to eat, drinks and be merry.
iBook version of Underwater Photography Masterclass available
Rosenberg Books releases second edition of Dive Galapagos
Rosenberg Books has released the second edition of their Dive Galapagos eBook. It provides an illustrated, interactive guide to 46 of the dive sites on the islands, as well as comprehensive advice for travelers.
National Geographic publishes best underwater images of 2016
National Geographic has just published a list of their top 15 underwater photos from 2015. From the mangroves of Cuba, to the sandy shallows of the Bahamas and even the rivers in Yellowstone, National Geographic is inarguably host to some of the best underwater images around. Take a few moments to feast your eyes on their best of the year.
Epiphany available on iTunes
Epiphany, a biographical account of underwater photographer, Ellen Cuylaerts, is now available on iTunes. The film was shot by Michael Maes and Frans de Backer and features Ellen’s choices as she conquers a fear of water and sharks, while also guides her family through social challenges and difficult life choice
fotoQuote available as an iOS app
Cradock fotoSoftware has released their image pricing software, [fotoQuote])(http://www.cradocfotosoftware.com/fotoquote/), as an iOS app for iPhone and iPad. It includes the same information as the desktop version, but does not offer the option of generating quotes or accessing the desktop version’s database of magazine contacts.
Borneo From Below: Episode 29
Borneo from Below, the web series dedicated to scuba and underwater photography in Borneo, has published the latest episode online. This week Bertie travels to Layang Layang in the South China Sea. The location is the ideal location to spot pelagics as well as schooling hammerheads due to the currents and upwelling nutrients.
Final call for entries: Wildlife Photographer of the Year.
- NG photo of the day by Brian Skerry (via )
- Light wants to put 52 megapixel cameras in smartphones (via )
- Oceana sues NMFS over sea turtle deaths from shrimping nets (via )
- Fuji announces weather resistant 16mm XF 1.4 lens (via )
- Panasonic updates LUMIX GH4 firmware to v.2.2 (via )
- Apple updates Motion to v. 5.2 and Compressor to v.4.2 (via )
- Apple updates Final Cut Pro to version 10.2 (via )
- Blackmagic Design updates URSA firmware to 2.3 (via )
- LinkedIn acquires Lynda now owns over 500 photo courses (via )
- Leonardo DiCaprio builds an ecoresort in Belize (via )