Field Review: Nauticam NA-D500 housing
Wetpixel Editor Adam Hanlon presents a field review of the Nauticam NA-D500 housing. He was able to use the housing for over a month during the Wetpixel Raja Ampat Expedition and Wetpixel/Alex Mustard Macro Workshop in Indonesia as well as subsequently in the UK.
Aquatica ships AD5 housing for Nikon D5
Nikon announces the D5600 SLR camera
Nikon has announced the D5600 SLR camera. It is an entry level model, featuring a DX 24.4MP sensor with a native ISO range of 100 to 25600. It does not have a built in lens focusing motor so lens choices for underwater use are unfortunately limited.
GoPro recalls all Karma drones
Fantasea announces RX100 Mark V compatibility
Fantasea has announced that its existing polycarbonate FRX100 IV housing is fully compatible with the new Sony RX100 V camera. Housing features include access to all “essential” camera controls, an integrated electronic leak detector and an M67 port adaptor to allow the use of accessory wet lenses.
New app helps find airport wifi
As underwater image makers, we tend to spend more than our fair share of our lives marooned in transit. Often, part of this is spent trying to be productive by getting online. A new app, WiFox created by travel blogger Anil Polat provides a crowd sourced list of free wifi networks in airports worldwide to assist with this.
Aquatica announces housing for EOS 5D Mark IV
Aquatica has released details of their forthcoming housing for the Canon EOS 5D Mark IV camera. The A5DMk IV has improved ergonomics, with the “SET” button being repositioned and a new button added for the AF Area control. Strobe triggering can be via optional Ikelite TTL control (with Ike strobes) and the housing supports Aquatica’s port range.
Adidas releases shoe made from ocean plastic
Adidas and Parley for the Oceans have teamed up to produce a shoe made from recycled ocean plastic. 7,000 pairs will be manufactured and sold for an MSRP of $220 in the first initial batch this November. The plastic is collected from the waters surrounding the Maldives and 95 percent of the upper will be made from the recycled ocean plastic.
- What ocean plastic pollution really looks like (via )
- Instagram announces Layout #Wetpixelgram (via )
- How Kodak is trying to reinvent itself (via )
- Camera RAW and DNG converter 8.8 now available (via )
- Adobe announces supported OS for updated Creative Cloud (via )
- Deadline to enter the Nature’s Best Photo contest Mar 31 (via )
- Poached sturgeon gets resuscitated (via )
- Largest freshwater fish ever caught (and released) (via )
- Top chefs commit to serving sustainable seafood (via )
- Sony announces firmware updates for pro video cameras (via )