Panasonic announces the G9 mirrorless camera
Panasonic has announced their compact system G9 mirrorless camera. It features a 20.3 MP 4/3 sensor and a native ISO range of 200-25,600. Autofocus is via Panasonics Advanced DFD system that has 225 focus point and it has 5 axis image stabilzation. 4K 50/60p is available for 10 minutes recording time at full sensor width with no pixel binning. Lower frame rates and resolutions can be captured for 30 minutes.
TRT-Electronics ships the o-Turtle TTL flash trigger for Olympus
TRT Electronics announces the mobi TTL converter
TRT-Electronics has announced the availability of the mobi TTL electro-optical converter. It is designed to be attached anywhere within a housing using velcro. The mobi offers a brighter LED output than the original TRT units and is available in Nikon or Canon versions now with Sony and Olympus versions to be available soon.
UwP Magazine issue 99 is available
Show report: DEMA 2017
The Diving Equipment and Marketing Association (DEMA) hosts the world largest diving trade only show. For 2017, this is being held at the Orange County Convention Center, Orlando, Florida over 1 to 4 November. Wetpixel reports “live” from the event every year, to try and bring a flavour of the show to those that cannot attend. We will be adding daily updates so please keep checking back
Gates announces Pro Explore housing
Achtel Pty announces Vanquish Weapon housing
Pawel Achtel ACS has announced the Vanquish Weapon housing for the RED Weapon camera. Designed for 8K imaging, it uses Nikonos optics and has an onboard OLED monitor that displays feedback from environmental sensors. Constructed of coated titanium, it weighs 4.5 kg and can be taken onto aircraft as a carry on.
The first underwater restaurant in Europe to open in Norway
Europe’s first underwater restaurant is slated to open early next year in Norway. The restaurant will seat 100 people and is located in Båly, a town on the south coast of Norway. The building is modern and appears to be tipping into the water with a large panoramic window that will allow diners to view the abundant underwater life. The restaurant will focus on local cuisine.
- NG photo of he day in Cuba by Anuar Patjane (via )
- NG photo of the day Humpback by Karim Iliya (via )
- Adobe updates Camera Raw to version 9.1.1 (via )
- Adobe updates Lightroom CC to version 2015.1.1 (via )
- Bioluminescent NG photo of the day by Pooyan Shadpoor (via )
- Photos of a surfer riding a wave while on fire (via )
- GoPro to launch new video editing app (via )
- Alert level raised for Grenada’s underwater volcano (via )
- Google+ photos merging to Google photos August 1 (via )
- Adobe updates Lightroom for Android to version 1.2 (via )