Report: SnotBot Sea of Cortez Expedition by Christian Miller
Article published on cookie cutter shark bites of whales
A new article published this month in PLOS ONE journal gives insight into the mysterious deep sea shark, the cookie cutter shark. The scientists, Peter Best and Theoni Photopoulou of the Centre for Statistics in Ecology at the University of Cape Town, South Africa, studied bite marks on whale carcasses for the study.
Stanford develops underwater robot
Engadget has published an article about OceanOne, a “humanoid diving robot” that has been developed by Stanford for use in research of coral reefs in the Red Sea. It has two “eyes” giving stereoscopic vision and a pair of dextrous manipulator arms. The latter are equipped with sensors that give the pilot feedback about the amount of force being applied.
Adobe updates Lightroom, Camera Raw and Lightroom Mobile
Behind the scenes of underwater shoot for chocolate milk
Chocolate milk has a brand new ad campaign called Built with Chocolate Milk that features medaled swimmers Jessica Hardy and Tyler Clarey in stunning black and white underwater images. The behind the scenes video of the ad campaign features underwater photographer Zena Holloway and a little insight on what it takes to get the shot.
Video: Wild Oceans coral feeding
The Earth Touch Wild Oceans channel has just shared some footage of coral feeding filmed by Stewart Whitfield. With the sound of the ocean in the background, the alternating feeding behavior of these creatures is a mesmerizing behavior to watch.
ON1 announces Photo RAW
ON1 has announced their new Photo RAW processor and photo editor. It is designed for use with high resolution images and fast computer graphics systems and has ON1 Browse integrated into it, giving the option of importing and rating images. Edits are non-destructive and are promised to be “in real-time, without slider lag or frustrating waits for redraw”.
Review: Seacam Remote Strobe Trigger
Wetpixel Editor Adam Hanlon reviews Seacam’s optical remote strobe trigger. Remote optical sensors provide additional practical and creative opportunities for both wide angle and macro shooting. The new optical trigger extends these to Seacam strobes equipped with an S6 bulkhead.
- The Olympus E-M5 II will use same sensor as predecessor (via )
- Freediver catches 70 pound lobster, names him Albert Girther,… (via )
- Documentary follows the film restoration of JAWS (via )
- High ISO Comparison: Nikon D750 Vs. D810 Vs. 7D Mark II Vs. 5D… (via )
- A day in the life of underwater photographers Tina Terras and… (via )
- Steve-O cited for Sea World sign prank (via )
- Apple updates Final Cut Pro X to 10.1.4 (via )
- Issue 17 of Anima Mundi magazine is now available for download (via )
- Adobe releases Lightroom 5.7 and Camera RAW 8.7 (via )
- Apple updates Camera RAW compatibility to 6.1 (via )