Holiday Gift Idea: Sponsor a Shark
Racing Extinction at Vatican City
Racing Extinction took its message to Vatican City last night by projecting images of endangered species and threatened ecosystems onto the Basilica at St. Peter’s. Watched by the Pope and crowds of visitors, the pictures were cast onto the white facade of the famous building by fifty giant projectors situated on huge towers.
Video: Wild Oceans Octopus
Borneo from Below: Episode 19
Call to action: NOAA bungles shark management plans in Florida
A coalition of Florida based shark divers launched a campaign asking NOAA to reconsider their decision to open commercial fishing for sharks in the Jupiter area from 1 January 2016, during the breeding aggregation of large sharks in the area. NOAA’s response thus far has been to obfuscate and blame shift.
Image: Mystical Forest by Tracey Jennings
Sea Save Fundraising Auction now open
Scientists show what dolphins see through echolocation
Scientists have successfully used echolocation recordings from dolphins to physically recreate objects tested during experiments. For the first time ever this gives humans a glimpse into what dolphins “see” when they echolocate upon objects underwater.
- NG photo of the day by Sandro Lonardi (via )
- Nikon settles D600 lawsuit with free D610’s (via )
- Monkey presses shutter, monkey owns copyright (via )
- The REMUS shark cam for filming shark bites (via )
- August issue of DIVE magazine available (via )
- Camera RAW 8.6 final version now available (via )
- Adobe releases Lightroom 5.6 (via )
- Announcing Fit Diver magazine (via )
- World’s largest aquatic insect discovered in China (via )
- Blackmagic design updates camera firmware to version 1.8.2 (via )