Report: NUPG Splash-In 2014
Video: Mucky Secrets by Nick Hope
Wetpixel member Nick Hope of Bubblevision has posted his amazing 90 minute film about the macro life of Lembeh Straits. Previously released as episodes, Nick explores the amazing range of weird and wonderful creatures that make the Lembeh Strait a hot spot for marine biodiversity and a unique muck diving destination.
Olympus announces the E-PL7 camera
Olympus has announced the PEN E-PL7 mirrorless camera. It features a 16.05 megapixel Live MOS sensor with a TruePic VII image processor and 3 axis stabilization. It has an ISO range of 200 to 25600 and a new 81 point contrast detection AF system. Olympus will also produce the PT-EP12 underwater housing for the camera.
How deep can humans go underwater?
Nauticam releases NA-XT1 Housing
Nauticam is shipping a housing for the Fujifilm X-T1 mirrorless camera. Many of the camera’s lenses feature manual aperture control, and Nauticam has designed the housing around this requirement.
Scientists describe new humpback dolphin
Researchers have announced the name of a new species of humpback dolphin. Sousa sahulensis or the Australian Humpback dolphin was officially identified in the journal Marine Mammal Science after being identified using DNA sequencing and skull morphology late in 2013. (Illustration by U. Gorter).
Orcalight releases new SeaWolf lights
Orcalight has expanded their SeaWolf light range. They now offer three LED models. The first is a canister battery powered light with 22,000 lumen output and a burn time of 70 minutes at full power. The second has the same output in a hand held design and a burn time of 50 minutes and the third has an output of 15,000 lumen and a longevity of 45 minutes. All models are available with 120° beam optics and have no hot spots.
DivePhotoGuide presents Originals
- X-Ray International magazine issue 56 is now available to… (via )
- Kodak exits bankruptcy (via )
- Sony releases updates for NEX-7, NEX-5R, NEX-6 and a99 cameras (via )
- Panasonic updates firmware for DMC-GF6 (via )
- Everything you need to know about RED Dragon (via )
- Issue 74 of UwP magazine is now available to download (via )
- New species of walking sharks discovered in Indonesia (via )
- Nat Geo photographer on assignment with cellphone (via )
- Issue 28 of African Diver available to download (via African Diver)
- Deep sea squid mystery solved (via )