Call for entries: Beneath the Sea 2014
The annual Beneath the Sea (BTS) International Imaging competition is calling for entries. It has three major categories: The David Doubilet award for underwater photography, the Stan Waterman award for underwater videography and the Jim Church award for creative underwater photography.
CM custom diffusers available
Clark Miller has announced the commercial release of his custom dome diffuser range. These are available for Inon, Ikelite and Sea & Sea strobes and in opacities suitable for either wide-angle or macro photography
Shark Savers and WildAid to merge
Conservation organizations, Shark Savers and WildAid, have joined forces. The merger will allow the pooling of their resources into campaigns to stop shark finning and shark conservation, and increased efficiency of operations.
Scuba diver caught smuggling marijuana
A Canadian scuba diver was caught early monday morning attempting to smuggle eight pounds of marijuana into the United States via the St. Clair river.
Memory card survives 8 months underwater
A hobbyist photographer’s camera and memory card were snagged by an alligator he was photographing. Thinking the camera was lost forever, he was shocked when eight months later a gator came out of the pond with the lost camera wrapped around his leg. Even more surprising was the fact that the memory card worked after all that time.
New research into Yucatan whale shark movements
Canon announces 4 new compact models
Canon has announced 4 new compact cameras in its PowerShot range. Key new models for underwater use are the G16 and the S120. Both cameras feature improved AF performance and DIGIC 6 image processors with a 12.1-megapixel High-Sensitivity CMOS image sensors.
Research suggests coral reefs can be restored
- Scubapro launches the Waterman Award contest (via )
- Adobe to release a major upgrade to its Production Premium… (via )
- Pre-NAB: Canon announced firmware update for EOS C500 and C500PL… (via )
- Aljazeera reports on a “Diminishing Ray of Hope” for… (via )
- Adobe releases Lightroom 4.4 and Camera Raw 7.4 (via )
- Yet more Nikon firmware updates: D3, D4, D7000, D3X, D3S and… (via )
- Lenovo releases monitor which displays 99% of Adobe RGB gamut (via )
- Nikon also updates D600 firmware to 1.01 (via )
- Nikon releases firmware version A1.01 for D800/D800E SLRs (via )
- UK government dilutes marine protection due to cash shortage (via BBC)