Video: Behind the scenes with Zena Holloway
Borneo from Below: Photographing Paradise
The latest Borneo from Below episode has been released. This week Bertie sets out in pursuit of five iconic underwater travel photographs in the waters surrounding Borneo.
Seacam ships Prelude housing for D750 and 7D Mark II
Zen Underwater updates its 230mm dome port for Nauticam
Zen Underwater](http://www.zenunderwater.com/index.php) has announced that they have discontinued their original DP230 glass dome with Nauticam bayonet fitting. Its replacement, the DP-230-N120-1124 features a larger inner diameter to accommodate the Canon 11-24 lens, when used in conjunction with the Nauticam 70mm extension specifically designed for it. The new port also ships with a user installable locking tab to allow it to be used with other Nauticam extension rings.
Bird’s Head Manta ID database launches
The Bird’s Head Seascape site and the Indonesia Manta Project have partnered to develop an online research tool that seeks to better understand manta ray via photo identification. The BHS Manta ID site offers the opportunity for individuals to upload images of mantas photographed within the archipelago. The manta’s markings can be compared and a database of individual animals and their movements be built up.
Call for entries: Beneath the Sea 2016
Beneath the Sea 2016 is calling for entries. There are three awards available: The David Doubilet award for photography, the Stan Waterman for video and the Jim Church for creative photography. The winners will be announced at the Beneath the Sea show which will be running from 1 to 3 April 2016. The deadline for entries is 31 December 2015.
Image: The Approach by Allen Walker
Inon announces domes for Olympus 8mm fisheye lens
Inon has announced that they are releasing two optical glass ports for the Olympus ED 8MM f1.8 Fisheye lens. The EPO1 is compatible with the E-M5 Mark II, E-PL7, E-PL6 and E-PL5 while the EP02 is for the E-M1 and E-M5 cameras. In all cases, the lenses are designed for use with the respective Olympus PT-EP housings. Both have multicoated inner surfaces.
- This dSLR spent 2 years at the bottom of a lake (via )
- NG photo of the day by Christopher Michel (via )
- The focal camera: an open source modular camera (via )
- Shade balls and California’s drought (via )
- NG photo of he day in Cuba by Anuar Patjane (via )
- NG photo of the day Humpback by Karim Iliya (via )
- Adobe updates Camera Raw to version 9.1.1 (via )
- Adobe updates Lightroom CC to version 2015.1.1 (via )
- Bioluminescent NG photo of the day by Pooyan Shadpoor (via )
- Photos of a surfer riding a wave while on fire (via )