Nauticam announces housing for OM-D E-M1
Nauticam has announced that they are now shipping their housing for the Olympus OM-D EM1 mirrorless camera. The NA-EM1 features a vacuum leak detection system as standard, an externally accessed port lock, built-in handles and fiber optic bulkheads for strobe triggering. In addition, there is support for a large number of micro 4/3s lenses.
Spaces on Dominica sperm whale trip available
Our good friend and awesome photographer, Keri Wilk, is running two trips to photograph sperm whales (Physeter macrocephalus) in Dominica this coming February and March. He has just let us know that a few spots have opened up due to very last minute cancellations, so they are up for grabs immediately.
New version of Bermuda Reef Life App released
The Bermuda Zoological Society and the Atlantic Conservation Partnership have released version 2 of their Bermuda Reef Life App. It now contains 260 images of 136 species of the area’s marine life, and has updated several taxonomic changes.
Image: “Flying High” by Rico Besserdich
SAGA releases new close-up lenses
Spanish manufacturer SAGA has launched three new close-up lenses. These are achromatic “wet” diopters with 67mm threads on both front and rear. They are available in +5, +10 and +15 strengths.
Video: Clark Little release new book Shorebreak
Call for entries: Wildlife Photographer of the Year
Sea Save Fundraising Auction closing soon - Dec 12th
- Canon offers rebates on the EOS 5D, 6D and 7D SLRs (via )
- Pistol shrimp filmed in super slow motion (via )
- Canon EOS 50D shoots RAW video (via )
- Thom Hogan on the rumors of Olympus’s demise in 2014 (via )
- Vincent Laforet shoots RED 5K infra red with MoVI steadicam (via )
- Canon posts 4K C300 video explaining lens choices (via )
- Canon is pursuing multi-layer Foveon-style sensor design (via )
- Environmental Photographer of the Year 2013 Exhibition (via )
- Texas shark fin ban passes house and fizzles in senate (via )
- Researchers: Penguins sacrificed ability to fly for gift of… (via BBC)