Save Our Seas photo grant now accepting applications
The Save Our Seas Foundation Marine Conservation Photography Grant is now open for entry. The photography grant is awarded to two emerging photographers and consists of a $2,000 US cash prize as well as a three week assignment covering one of the Save Our Seas Foundation’s 160 projects.
COP21 Paris results in historic global agreement
The United Nations COP21 meeting has just ended and has resulted in the first international agreement to control CO2 emissions. The delegates agreed to enact measures to keep temperature increase below 2°C (3.6°F), to balance emissions and sinks in the second half of this century, to review progress every 5 years and to earmark $100 billion to help developing countries achieve these goals.
Join Wetpixel in Socorro in 2016
Mexico’s Revillagigedo Islands are well known for a profusion of pelagic life. Bait balls, hammerhead, whale and silky sharks as well as the possibility of pilot whales make for his adrenaline diving that is also amazingly photographically productive. Join Wetpixel and trip leader Jason Bradley from 8 to 10 June 2016 aboard the Nautilus Belle Amie to dive and capture the amazing scenes.
RED unveils SCARLET-W
RED Digital Cinema has announced the release of the SCARLET-W 5K camera. Intended as an upgrade for existing SCARLET DRAGON owners, the camera features integrated mounting points, interchangeable lens mounts, simultaneous REDCODE® RAW and Apple ProRes recording formats, RED’S OLPF system and in-camera 3D LUT outputs, combined with a RED DRAGON sensor.
Alien Skin releases Exposure X
Alien Skin has released their Exposure X non-destructive image sorting and editing app. Images are not imported into Exposure, rather the user simply selects existing images or card off-loads and works on them. It does not require the use of catalogs and places all editing tools in a single workspace, eliminating the need to move between modules.
Sealux announces housing for Odyssey 7Q+
Sealux has announced their HM7 housing for the Convergent Design Odyssey 7Q+ recorder/monitor. It is equipped with a large sun shade and an SDI in/out bulkhead, with the option of a second SDI bulkhead if required.
The making of “View from a Blue Moon”
Holiday Gift Idea: Sponsor a Shark
- Twitter users confuse Sir David Attenborough with his now… (via )
- Massive number of By-The-Wind-Sailor jellies cover water surface (via )
- Apple updates FCPX, Compressor, Motion (via )
- DSTRUX brings control to sharing images online (via )
- Shark week is more dangerous than sharks (via )
- NG photo of the day by Mike Korostolev (via )
- World’s fastest camera shoots at 4.4 trillion frames per… (via )
- Australian humpback dolphin is world’s newest dolphin… (via )
- Baby whale saved from Australian shark net (via )
- Showing sharks in a positive light by George Probst (via )