Lexi Thompson recreates Muhammad Ali’s famous underwater photo
Golfer Lexi Thompson posed for some underwater photographs and simultaneously channeled Muhammad Ali. Photographer Al Bello recreated Flip Shulke’s 1961 underwater image of Ali with the female golfer in December. Ali passed away last year and on tuesday, he would have turned 75.
CrumplePop announces EasyTracker
Crumplepop has released a plugin called EasyTracker for Final Cut Pro X. It allows the insertion of text or graphics that will follow an object’s motion within the frame into a video sequence.
Nauticam ships housing for Sony a6500
Join us! Wetpixel Whale Sharks 2017
Wetpixel returns to Isla Mujeres in August 2017 to observe and document the amazing whale shark (Rhincodon typus) aggregation. One of nature’s most amazing and unique events, hundreds of whale sharks gather each year to feed on eggs spawned by bonito (Euthynnus alletteratus) off the island. Join us to witness this amazing spectacle.
Cathy Church announces USA seminar dates
Six areas added to the California Coastal National Monument
Today President Obama designated an additional six areas as part of the California Coastal National Monument. The six areas total 6,230 acres and include some small islands off the coast of Orange County as well as a large piece of land in Santa Cruz. Currently all of the land is managed by the U.S. Bureau of Land Management, some of it since 2014, but the new status protects the areas from future development. Image from Shutterstock.
Call for entries: Dive Travel Show photo contest
Buceo Iberico in conjunction with Dive Travel Show has announced the 2017 Underwater Photo Contest Dive Travel Show. It is being held in conjunction with the Dive Travel Show which will be held in Madrid, Spain on 4 and 5 March. There is no entry fee and the deadline for entries is 14 February.
Bite Back calendars on sale
UK Environmental charity Bite Back are offering their remaining 2017 calendars at half price. They feature images by Alex Mustard, Amanda Cotton, Amos Nachoum, Anna Burn, Brian Skerry, Christian Vizl, David Doubilet, Ellen Cuylaerts, Jane Morgan, Jason Isley, Pash Baker, Steve Jones and Tanya Houppermans.
- The most common vertebrate in the world is a fish (via )
- Adobe Dehaze: a tool for dealing with backscatter (via )
- Facebook unveils new Snapchat-esque photo editing (via )
- Starfish excrete foreign bodies through their arms (via )
- Tamales Bay revival exceeds expectations in just seven years (via )
- Swimming with sharks off Oahu, Hawaii (via )
- NG photo of the day Orcas by Paul Nicklen (via )
- 33 year-old orca dies after a lifetime in captivity (via )
- Japan to resume Antarctic whaling later this… (via )
- Tiger shark steals underwater camera rig (via )