Happy World Oceans Day 2015
TTRobotix launches the Seawolf underwater drone
Video: Flying mobulas
Article: Avoiding data loss
FIX ships their Neo Mini 1000 SW video light
FIX is shipping their 1000 lumen Neo Mini SW video light. Offering both 25° spot and 95° wide modes, the light has externally rechargeable swappable batteries and its output can be controlled in 25% increments.
Behind the Shot: Harry Stone
Harry Stone posted a fantastic shot of some blacktip sharks at the surface on Wetpixel’s Facebook page in the past few days. Here is the story behind how he got it.
The Nikonos Project: Borrow a camera for free
Many underwater photographers started out their careers shooting with film on the Nikonos family of cameras and still have a fondness for them. One such photographer, Brandon Jennings, has turned his fondness into a hobby and a worldwide project. The Nikonos Project seeks to get the 35mm film cameras into the hands of photographers around the world, for free, to shoot and share with others.
Sony announces HXR-NX100 camcorder
- Oceana sues NMFS over sea turtle deaths from shrimping nets (via )
- Fuji announces weather resistant 16mm XF 1.4 lens (via )
- Panasonic updates LUMIX GH4 firmware to v.2.2 (via )
- Apple updates Motion to v. 5.2 and Compressor to v.4.2 (via )
- Apple updates Final Cut Pro to version 10.2 (via )
- Blackmagic Design updates URSA firmware to 2.3 (via )
- LinkedIn acquires Lynda now owns over 500 photo courses (via )
- Leonardo DiCaprio builds an ecoresort in Belize (via )
- Underwater wedding portraits in Hawaii (via )
- Canon updates DPP, EOS utility and Picture Style Editor (via )