Image: Ornate ghost pipefish by Ilan Lubitz
Nauticam ships housing for Sony RX100 IV
Nauticam is shipping their new housing for the Sony RX100 IV compact camera. To allow the housing to be used with gloves, a mechanical shutter release extension is supplied with every housing. It also provides access to all camera controls and has both M14 and M16 ports. The port has 67mm threads and it has fiber optic bulkheads for strobe triggering.
Video: Koh Racha Noi by Earth Touch
New web series: Borneo from Below
SDUFEX deadline for entries is August 10
Outdoor Photographer of the Year is now open for entries
The Outdoor Photographer of the Year photography competition is now open for entries. The competition is hosted by Outdoor Photography magazine as well as Fjällräven and will feature a grand prize of a spot on the Fjällräven Polar dog sled expedition to the Arctic in spring 2016.
Video: The Edge by Steer Films
Steer Films has published a short film entitled “The Edge” on Vimeo profiling Wetpixel members Joe Romeiro and Bill Fisher. It describes their fascination with sharks and how they teamed up to form 333 Productions and produce films that help aid in the conservation of sharks and the marine environment.
UN passes resolution aiming to reduce wildlife crime
The United Nations General Assembly has passed a resolution urging member states to do more to tackle the illicit trafficking of wildlife, and provides a international legal framework to allow for the “prevention, investigation and prosecution of offences” and for “treating certain wildlife offences as a serious crimes.”
- Blue footed booby population declines in Galapagos (via )
- Seals in Farne Islands filmed with GoPro (via )
- Dead blue whale could explode soon (via )
- Nikon updates D4s firmware to C:1.01 (via )
- How plastic bags end up in ocean garbage patches (via )
- Up to 32 percent of seafood in US caught illegally (via )
- David Doubilet split shot NG photo of the day (via )
- Are we using too much Photoshop? (via )
- 325 million year old shark fossil discovered (via )
- Scientists solve case of CA red abalone die off (via )