Video: Turtle chases divers
Kenko offers new teleconverters for Canon EF lenses
RED software update version 6 adds still capture
Interview: Benjamin Von Wong - Underwater river image
Benjamin Von Wong has become an internet photography phenom with his viral images, including some taken underwater. Earlier this month he released his latest photograph, Underwater River, that took him and his team 30m below the surface into a cenote, just above an underwater river of hydrogen sulfide. Here is Wetpixel’s exclusive interview with Von Wong to find out how he got the shot.
Video: Tiger shark mouths hydrophone
The team at the RJ Dunlap Marine Conservation Program, based at the University of Miami, have been placing hydrophones around Tiger Beach, Grand Bahama. These allow them to track tiger sharks (Galeocerdo cuvier), once these have had a transmitter implanted within their abdomens. The video shows a shark gently investigating a hydrophone
Video: A turtle eye view of the Great Barrier Reef
The WWF, along with other partners, is working to find out how pollution levels affect sea turtles living in the Great Barrier Reef. Part of the project included strapping a GoPro temporarily to the back of one of the resident sea turtles to give a turtle eye view of the reef.
Zen Underwater releases compatibility with Olympus 7-14mm and 8mm lenses
Zen Underwater has released details of their port’s compatibility with the Olympus M.Zuiko ED 7-14mm f/2.8 PRO and the Olympus M.Zuiko ED 8mm f/1.8 Fisheye PRO lenses with Nauticam N85 mount and Olympus PT-EP housings.
Serif releases Affinity Photo
After its beta release, Serif has now released their Affinity Photo image editing app. It is designed as a competitor to Photoshop and offers “RAW processing, PSD import and export, 16-bits per channel editing, and ICC colour management”, as well as “camera lens and exposure corrections, accurate adjustments, live filter layers, high-end controls for channels and masks, advanced layer handling, and built-in frequency separation editing”
- David Doubilet split shot NG photo of the day (via )
- Are we using too much Photoshop? (via )
- 325 million year old shark fossil discovered (via )
- Scientists solve case of CA red abalone die off (via )
- Eyefi launches cloud service, photos everywhere immediately (via )
- Daniel Botelho on assignment for NG (via )
- Pixels.com puts photographers in charge for a change (via )
- Nikon updates Capture NX to 2.4.7 (via )
- Jamaica reports decline in lionfish after national campaign (via )
- Humpback whales surf pipeline (via )