Wildlife Photographer of the Year - Doug Perrine
Mr. Perrine's win is especially interesting for Wetpixel readers because the winning photos were taken digitally with a Canon D60, the first 6 megapixel digital SLR, in a UK-Germany housing.
Other award-winning photographs in the contest that were taken digitally include Charles Hood's photo of a great hammerhead shark (Nikon D100), Douglas David Seifert's photo of a white shark in Guadalupe (Canon D60/Sea & Sea), Jan Vermeer's photo of a great reed warbler (Canon 10D), and others. I am especially excited about these wins because I was with both Charles and Douglas when they snapped their respective winning shots. :) Continue reading for some words about the competition from Doug Perrine.
Wetpixel May/June 2004 Contest Winners
Congratulations to the winners of the May/June 2004 Wetpixel Official Photo Contest!
The May/June contest was very, very close, and many of the entries we received were excellent. In fact, the winning entries were so close that we had to resolve 2nd and 3rd place by a third-party tie-break.
1st Place: Mastigias Jellyfish - Mike Veitch (TahitiMike)
2nd Place: Reef Squid Predation - Andy Heath (Andy H)
3rd Place: bavosa nel buco - Francesco Visintin (france_vis)
DEMA 2004 Show Report
James Wiseman, Craig Jones, and I spent four days scouring the show floor for new digital still and video products, and in the show report are descriptive text and nearly 300 images of the digital products that were featured.
Please let me know if you have any corrections and/or additions to the content!
DEMA Show 2004 Report
Wetpixel at DEMA 2004
Wetpixel administrators Eric Cheng, Craig Jones, and James Wiseman are in town through Oct 16th to attend this years DEMA diving expo. Check back after the show to learn about this years new and exciting underwater photography equipment developments.
Update from Eric: It's 3:42AM, and I'm cranking away! Expect the update soon (tomorrow?).
Sea & Sea YS-55TTL/E Strobe
LAUPS 42nd Photo Contest Results
UwP Mag Issue #21
- California newts captured wrestling underwater (via )
- Sony updates firmware for A7 and A6000 cameras (via )
- What ocean plastic pollution really looks like (via )
- Instagram announces Layout #Wetpixelgram (via )
- How Kodak is trying to reinvent itself (via )
- Camera RAW and DNG converter 8.8 now available (via )
- Adobe announces supported OS for updated Creative Cloud (via )
- Deadline to enter the Nature’s Best Photo contest Mar 31 (via )
- Poached sturgeon gets resuscitated (via )
- Largest freshwater fish ever caught (and released) (via )