Canon announces EOS 80D
Zena Holloway’s latest images for the Birmingham Royal Ballet
The latest project of renowned underwater photographer Zena Holloway features the dancers of the Birmingham Royal Ballet, underwater. The images are part of a promotion for the ballet’s latest production, the Tempest.
Borneo from Below: Episode 27
The latest online episode of Borneo from Below features underwater photographer Jason Isley and his Small Blue World. Bertie spends time interviewing Jason as well as diving and following the process behind the project
Sea Shepherd announces Sea Shepherd Dive
Beneath the Sea announces film festival line up
The Beneath the Sea International Film Festival has released the list of speakers for its fortieth event. It will be held on Saturday, 2 April at 8:30 p.m. in the La Quinta Hotel Secaucus, New Jersey. The host for the evening will be Bill Evans. Jonathan Bird, Leandro Blanco, Ernie Brooks, Andy Brandy Casagrande, David Doubilet and Jen Hayes, Jack and Sue Drafahl, Howard and Michele Hall and Richie Kohler will all present their films during the festival.
Book: Shark Doc, Shark Lab
A new book telling the life story of Samuel “Doc” Gruber of Bimini Biological Field Station (“Shark Lab”) and raiding funds for said institution has been released. The book details what he has learned about sharks in his decades studying them and thoughts from many of the scientists who have worked with him at Bimini.
Wetpixel Community Discount: Vivid-Pix-Prints
Underwater print service, Vivid-Pix-Prints are offering Wetpixel community members a special promo code that gives a 10% discount on their next print order. Vivid-Pix offer a full range of services including image printing onto canvas, metal and acrylic. The company specializes in printing images captured underwater.
Results: Beneath the Sea 2016
The Beneath the Sea imaging contest has announced their winners for 2016. Edwar Herreño was awarded the David Doubilet Award (Best in Show) for his image “Turtle Love” and Nicholas Dean the Stan Waterman prize for his film: “What Would Wallace Think”. n the creative category, Massimo Giorgetta’s images “Mirror in a Tunnel” received the Jim Church Award.
- NG photo of the day by Shane Gross (via )
- Camera RAW 8.7 Release Candidate available on Adobe Labs (via )
- Underwater landslide and earthquake triggered 2011 tsunami (via )
- 5 swimmers pulled from water after encounter with aggressive… (via )
- October issue of DIVE magazine available to download (via )
- Incredible close-up drone footage of a volcano in Iceland (via )
- 35,000 walrus come ashore in NW Alaska (via )
- Panasonic releases firmware update for GH4 (via )
- Silent divers count more fish (via )
- Canon updates DPP, EOS Movie, EOS Utility and Picture Style… (via )