Tutorial by JP Danko on editing underwater photos
DIY Photography has just highlighted a video underwater and commercial photographer JP Danko created detailing his editing process of underwater images. The video is approximately twenty minutes and moves through his entire workflow, which includes Lightroom as well as Photoshop work.
Video: Moonlight Manta Dance
Photographing humpback whales in Tonga: Pete Atkinson
Water Column turns 50
BS Kinetics announces support for Blackmagic Blackmagic Production Camera
BS Kinetics has announced that they plan to support the Blackmagic Production Camera. Using their trademark carbon fiber construction, the new housing is compact and lightweight, and offers support for a variety of lenses, including manual focus and zoom control. All camera functions can be controlled underwater.
Inon announces the LF1000-S light
Inon has announced the release of their LF1000-S light. It outputs 1000 lumen with a 30°coverage and has two power settings. Power is provided by 3 x AA batteries, which give a burn time of 50 minutes at full power and there are a range of accessories available including mounting brackets.
Video: The kelp beds of the Tasman Peninsula
Over 97 percent of kelp forest stalks have disappeared in the last twenty years along the east coast of Tasmania. A combination of many factors, including wind and currents, has led to the decline. The Wild Australia video investigates the decline. (Photo from Shutterstock)
Save Our Seas launches conservation photography grant
- Large numbers of dead dolphins on US East coast is a cause for… (via )
- Apple offers free repairs and upgrades to some 2011 iMacs (via )
- High-tech underwater imaging by the Scripps Institute (via )
- New hammerhead shark species discovered (via )
- Summer issue of Alert Diver now available (via )
- First shark fin citation given to Chicago restaurant (via )
- European algae biofuel project moves forward (via )
- Dead dolphins washing ashore on east coast (via )
- EOS 70D preview and images (via )
- Hunting octopus on Scuba banned in Puget sound (via )