Wetpixel March/April Contest Winners
Congratulations to the winners of our first Wetpixel official photo contest! All of us were very impressed with the caliber of the submissions, and chosing the winners was not an easy task! See the winning entries here.
1st Place: "Loving Leafies" by Dave Harasti (Dave H)
2nd Place: "WWII Corsair Airplane" by (lidde)
3rd Place: "The thing" by Dany Weinberg (BIKO)
Hon Mention: "Free climbing" by Francesco Visintin (france_vis)
Winners are chosen by our world-renowned jury of photographers and will receive prizes from our contest sponsors: Aquatica, Pictopia, Ikelite, Gates Housings, Ultralight Control Systems, Marine Camera Distributors, INON America, and Fathoms.
Be sure to enter our official May/June 2004 photo contest, which will be accepting entries until the end of this month.
Celebrate the Sea/Wetpixel Contest
Nikon: exit from compact film cameras?
Excerpt from "Nikon Boosts Digital Cameras, Eyes Exit from Film":
"Canon and Nikon control nearly all of the nascent digital SLR market. They are also the leading makers of film SLRs, but demand is declining due to a rapid switch to digital models.
"Kimura said Nikon had no plans to stop producing film SLRs, but that it may next year start considering pulling out of the film compact camera business due to a sharp plunge in demand.
"'There is still the matter of timing, but eventually we will have to dissolve [the film] business," Kimura said. 'There really is no region in the world where you can do good business in compact film cameras anymore.'"
Ikelite SD10 Housing
Ikelite/Sigma SD10 Review Posted
Inon Support for the Canon Powershot S1
M67 Mount Base DC20
Optical D Cable/Cap W5 Set with Clear Photo Film
Grip Base DIII
Seaspace 2004 - Houston TX
Portable Digital Backup Devices
- Underwater surfers by Paul Nicklen NG photo of the day (via )
- Panasonic updates Lumix DMC-GH4 firmware to 2.1 (via )
- Nikon updates Capture NX-D (via )
- Sports Illustrated has laid off all staff photographers (via )
- Your favorite underwater Instagram photos into temporary tattoos (via )
- Shutterstock acquires Rex features for $33M (via )
- When icebergs flip, they are a brilliant blue color (via )
- Prehistoric marine reptile fossil discovered in Scotland (via )
- Issue 82 of Underwater Photography magazine is available to… (via )
- Nikon confirms banding issue with D750 (via )