Beneath the Sea 2005 Photo/Video Competition
Wildlife Photographer of the Year - Doug Perrine
Mr. Perrine's win is especially interesting for Wetpixel readers because the winning photos were taken digitally with a Canon D60, the first 6 megapixel digital SLR, in a UK-Germany housing.
Other award-winning photographs in the contest that were taken digitally include Charles Hood's photo of a great hammerhead shark (Nikon D100), Douglas David Seifert's photo of a white shark in Guadalupe (Canon D60/Sea & Sea), Jan Vermeer's photo of a great reed warbler (Canon 10D), and others. I am especially excited about these wins because I was with both Charles and Douglas when they snapped their respective winning shots. :) Continue reading for some words about the competition from Doug Perrine.
Wetpixel May/June 2004 Contest Winners
Congratulations to the winners of the May/June 2004 Wetpixel Official Photo Contest!
The May/June contest was very, very close, and many of the entries we received were excellent. In fact, the winning entries were so close that we had to resolve 2nd and 3rd place by a third-party tie-break.
1st Place: Mastigias Jellyfish - Mike Veitch (TahitiMike)
2nd Place: Reef Squid Predation - Andy Heath (Andy H)
3rd Place: bavosa nel buco - Francesco Visintin (france_vis)
DEMA 2004 Show Report
James Wiseman, Craig Jones, and I spent four days scouring the show floor for new digital still and video products, and in the show report are descriptive text and nearly 300 images of the digital products that were featured.
Please let me know if you have any corrections and/or additions to the content!
DEMA Show 2004 Report
Wetpixel at DEMA 2004
Wetpixel administrators Eric Cheng, Craig Jones, and James Wiseman are in town through Oct 16th to attend this years DEMA diving expo. Check back after the show to learn about this years new and exciting underwater photography equipment developments.
Update from Eric: It's 3:42AM, and I'm cranking away! Expect the update soon (tomorrow?).
Sea & Sea YS-55TTL/E Strobe
LAUPS 42nd Photo Contest Results
- Seattle aquarium octopus makes a break for it (via )
- Photos of world’s smallest life forms (via )
- GoPro competitor from Chinese company Xiaomi (via )
- Algae helps coral survive in the hottest reefs on the planet (via )
- California beach turns white from unusual hail (via )
- Twenty20 is the world’s largest crowdsourced stock photo… (via )
- A tour of the Atlantis underwater suite Dubai (via )
- New archaeological discovery off Britain to change history (via )
- Sea levels rose 4 inches along the northeast in 2 years (via )
- Olympus releases firmware v3.0 for OM-D E-M1 (via )