Results: Indonesian World Underwater Photography Contest 2013
Appeal: Housi Neuenschwander needs our support
Hans “Housi” Neuenschwander, a dive guide and friend working in Indonesia, is suffering from liver failure and desperately needs to be repatriated to Switzerland for a liver transplant. While he waits, he has been put into an induced coma in Bali. Housi worked on liveaboards in Indonesia, including Pindito and Mutiara Laut so many of you will have dived with him, and now he needs to go home to be made healthy. He needs our support to do so.
Nauticam announces their housing for Sony A7
Nauticam has released details of their new housing for the Sony A7 and A7R cameras. The NA-7 has a switch that allows the user to choose either LCD or EVF and a Nikonos 5 pin bulkhead. Perhaps most interestingly, Nauticam are producing a Nikonos adaptor, allowing the use of the Sea & Sea 12mm fisheye or Nikonos 15mm lenses.
Underwater photographer Maya Almeida interviewed
Rick Sammon’s new UW Wonders App
Underwater photographer Rick Sammon has released a new educational app for iPad, iPhone, and iPod. The app features underwater photographs as well as fun facts and anecdotes of marine animals.
A synopsis of the CES show 2014
Monday was the first day of the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas, Nevada. There were announcements of new products from many imaging equipment manufacturers including Nikon, Sony and Panasonic, including a new pro SLR from Nikon.
Tony Wu on trash
Study shows coral adapts to acidification
A team from the Woods Hole Institute has discovered a coral reef ecosystem that has adapted to very acidic water conditions in Nikko Bay, Palau. This gives hope that coral may be able to evolve to cope with effects of increasing acidification of the planet’s oceans. (Image from Shutterstock).
- David duChemin on being more creative (via )
- The Daily Mail features the results of DEEP Indonesia (via )
- Windows adds raw support for 22 cameras (via )
- Apple updates its Digital Camera Raw compatibility to 4.06 (via )
- Olympus releases firmware updates for OMD and PEN cameras (via )
- Brunei institutes Asia’s first nationwide shark fin ban (via )
- Chagos marine park in Indian Ocean ruled lawful (via BBC)
- Bioluminescent sand Avatar in real life (via )
- Apple announces new Mac Pros (via )
- Issue 11 of Anima Mundi is now available to download (via )