If you have photos of a whale shark, you can help! All you have to do is to send a copy to sharktrust.org or Project-A.W.A.R.E, and quote the place and date you took the picture.
Scientist are going to match the dot pattern with other photos from their database to identify the shark. The dot pattern on the whale shark is unique as a human fingerprint The more submissions are forwarded to scientists, the more precise the estimation of the migration routes is going to be.
PMA 2004 Coverage
Instead of locally reproducing all of the press releases, I'd like to point you to Phil Askey's excellent product coverage of the show at his site, dpreview.com.
There is a lot of discussion going on in our forums about all of the new products. Please join us!
Kodak Announces New Pro DSLR
The latest addition to Kodak
Celebrate the Sea Marine Imagery Festival 2004
The prestigious Celebrate the Sea Marine Imagery Festival 2004 just got bigger. We thought competitions, seminars, photographic workshops, static exhibitions, non-stop marine feature documentaries, the latest dive equipment, digital innovations and some of the world's leading underwater image makers was just not enough. So now, the four-day festival will run alongside
Photos of Olympus 8080 Leaked
Let's all give Craig -- and the rest of the Wetpixel staff -- our thanks. I am certainly very grateful for all the volunteer help we've been receiving here!
“Deep Blue” BBC Movie
Celebrate the Sea/Wetpixel Digital Portfolio 2004
Underwater photographers -- novice or professionals: this is your chance to enter one of the most prestigious underwater digital imagery competitions in the world. Held in association with the Antibes Festival Mondial de I'lmage Sous Marine, Wetpixel.com, and the Celebrate the Sea Imagery Festival Kuala Lumpur 2004, the cash, equipment and holiday prizes are valued to over USD $60,000 in total. Winning entries may also be selected as front cover photo for Scuba Diver Australasia. The results will be announced at a gala award ceremony on 31 July 2004 in Kuala Lumpur.
Entry is easy: just 3 images of your choice. Pictures may be captured any where in the world and will be judged both as a portfolio and individually. To enter, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more information, or download an entry form now!
- Go diving in Nevada before or after DEMA this year (via )
- Oceana study shows one-third of shrimp sold is mislabeled (via )
- Gordon Laing reviews the Panasonic LX100 4K compact (via )
- Great White Sharks NG photo of the day by Marc Henauer (via )
- Sea lion attacks scuba diver (via )
- Napolean Wrasse by Christian Miller NG photo of the day (via )
- Kickstarter funded Pronto charges camera batteries 12x faster (via )
- Delkin debuts most rugged SD cards that are virtually… (via )
- Nikon updates Capture NX-D and View NX (via )
- New lithium batteries have lifespan of over 20 years (via )