Fantasea ships new video lights
Fantasea has announced two new 2500 lumen video lights. The Radiant Pro 2500 has adjustable outputs in wide, spot, red, UV, blue and flashing modes and burns for about 50 minutes at full power. The Radiant 2500 has 3 step power adjustment and a flashing mode with the same burn time.
2015 Monterey Shootout winners announced
Ask the Pros: Housing Maintenance
Call for registration: BIUPC 2015
The British & Irish Underwater Photography Championship is calling for entrants for the 2015 contest. It requires all contestants to submit images taken on 5 September anywhere within UK and Irish waters. Registration can be completed online, with a deadline for doing so of 28 August.
Nauticam announces EOS 5D housing
Nauticam has announced their new housing for the Canon EOS 5DS and 5DS R cameras. The new housing features a redesigned control layout with angled buttons and the video/still selector moved onto the top. A new multi controller now provides access to the camera’s joystick control. Internally, it has a front vacuum reset button and a redesigned cam lever on the camera saddle. The NA-5DSR housing is compatible with EOS 5DIII, 5DS and 5DS R cameras. The company also states that their previous NA-5DIII housing will also accommodate all three.
Call for entries: Ocean Art 2015
The 2015 Ocean Art Contest is calling for entries. It features 15 categories including has 15 categories, including a Novice DSLR category, 3 compact camera categories and 3 mirrorless camera categories, More specifically, it has Supermacro, Cold/Temperate Water and Nudibranchs and a Pool/Conceptual category. The deadline for entries is 24 November.
Recsea ships housing for Sony RX100 IV
Recsea is shipping their housing for the Sony RX100 IV. CNC machined in a plastic polymer, it features a 67mm threaded fixed port with access to the front control dial. It is dual O ring sealed and is rated to 60m (197ft)
Borneo from below: Nudibranchs
- Olympus updates E-M1 firmware to v.1.4 and E-M10 to v.1.1 (via )
- Dumbo octopus footage capture by NOAA Okeanos (via )
- Nikon demonstrates new lens coating (via )
- Interview with a National Geographic photo editor (via )
- Has Columbus’ Santa Maria been discovered? (via )
- Komo News 2014 UW photo contest winners (via )
- Project to replace scuba tanks with solid air wins prize (via )
- 103-year old orca spotted in wild (via )
- Major firmware update for Nikon D800/800e (via )
- NG photo of the day by Thomas Bannenberg (via )