Anchovy school near Scripps pier in San Diego
The largest school of anchovy, that scientists have seen in more than three decades, formed off La Jolla Shores in San Diego, California last week. Scientists are unsure why the anchovy are schooling in such large numbers this year.
Video: RED Dragon underwater
Video: Schooling sharks in Fakarava
Wetpixel publisher Eric Cheng has posted some stunning footage of schooling grey reef sharks (Carcharhinus amblyrhynchos) at Fakarava’s south pass (Tomakohua) in French Polynesia. As it was shot with a Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera in CinemaDNG RAW format at 24fps, the colour correction and conversion was carried out in Lightroom.
Ikelite announces housing for RX100 III
Ikelite has announced their new housing for the Sony RX100 III. It features access to both front and rear control dials, which are critical for using the camera in manual mode. The front control ring is gear driven, making for easy access to the dial. The housing features dual fiber optic ports for strobe triggering.
Final call: SDUFEX 2014
Nikon releases NX-D image processing software
Video: Behind the scenes fashion with Alex Mustard
Wetpixel Ultimate Tiger Sharks 2015
After a hiatus of a few years, Wetpixel will be returning to photograph and dive with the amazing shark populations of the Bahamas from 4 to 10 January 2015. The trip is designed to maximise time and to get great images of the tiger sharks (Galeocerdo cuvier) of the famous Tiger Beach. Places are strictly limited, so please don’t delay getting in contact.
- October issue of DIVE magazine now available to download (via )
- Fluid filled lens mimics traits of human vision (via )
- More Nikon 1 AW1 coverage (via )
- The Blenny Challenge week 5 (via )
- Impressive time lapse of Costa Concordia righting (via )
- Adobe releases Photoshop Lightroom 5.2 (via )
- Matson to pay for devastating molasses spill (via )
- NY Times Retro Report - Freeing Willy (via )
- XRay Magazine issue # 56 now available for download (via )
- Video of hawaiian tiger shark torture sparks outcry (via )