Aquatica announces the SW8 dome port
Aquatica has released details of their new SW8 dome port for micro 4/3 systems. Designed for use with super wide rectilinear lenses, the acrylic port uses a portion of Aquatica’s standard 8”dome port, essentially maximizing port’s radius while keeping its overall size relatively small.
Image: Sardine Run 2013 by Jean Tresfon
Google adds more underwater locations to Street View
Scubapro launches photo and essay contest
Scubapro has launched a photo/essay competition, utilizing submission via Instagram and the company’s Facebook page. The contest is honoring Dr. Sylvia Earle’s contribution to the marine environment.
Inon supports Fujifilm XQ1 compact
Inon is offering a lens mount base that allows the use of Inon 28LD mount lenses with the Fujifilm WP-XQ1 housing for the XQ1 camera. In addition, they are offering two versions of fiber optic cable bushes for use with either type L or Sea&Sea fiber cables. Both the latter are supplied with stickers for masking the camera’s internal flash output.
Nikon releases Capture NX-D beta
Nikon has released a beta version of their new Capture NX-D RAW processing software. It features a non-destructive editing process, with image information being saved into sidecar files and allows for adjustment of images. It also has a number of display options, batch processing options and viewing filters.
Final call: Wildlife Photographer of the Year
The Wildlife Photographer of the Year (WPOTY) contest for 2014 closes for entries on 27 February at 12.00pm GMT. It offers a specific category entitled “Underwater Species” as well as categories that focus on “Earth’s Environments” and “World in Our Hands.”
Nikon unveils the D4s SLR
Nikon has released an updated version of their D4 full frame pro SLR. Labelled the D4s, the camera features several refinements over its sibling, namely more processing power, autofocus refinements (including a new “group AF” mode), faster continuous shooting, and enhanced video features (including 1080/60p support). In addition, it has a new smaller sized Raw format option to speed workflow and an improvement in battery life.
- Firmware updates for Panasonic GH3 and G5 (via )
- Great White Shark federal status controversial (via )
- National Wildlife 2013 photo contest open for entries (via )
- Photo of Caimans at night in Brazil (via )
- Canon showcases EOS 70D new AF capabilities (via )
- Issue 55 of X-Ray Mag is available to download (via )
- California shark fin ban takes effect this week (via )
- 200 year old fish caught off Alaska (via )
- Latest videos from the ICJ trial of Japanese commercial whaling (via )
- July/August issue (#73) of UWP Magazine is available now (via )