Douglas Seifert’s illustrated notes from the field: Part 3
The third installment of Douglas Seifert’s series of illustrated notes from the field. The Jetties of South Australia trip is now actually diving on the jetties, having taken in diving with great white sharks and sea lions along the way. Douglas reports on the macro marine life that he and the group are finding, as well as his obsession with frogfishes and the male and female colorations of cowfish.
Tutorial: Lightroom 5 visualize spots feature
Freediving underwater photos
Reminder: Our World Underwater competition 2014
The Our World Underwater competition 2014, run jointly by Wetpixel and DivePhotoGuide, is calling for entries. There are over $85,000 worth of prizes, including $1,000 in cash for the winner. The deadline for entries is 2 February, so please don’t delay.
Douglas Seifert’s illustrated notes from the field: Part 2
Douglas Seifert’s second instalment from the field. Perhaps typically, Douglas’s Jetties of Souther Australia trip has again been led astray. Having spent some time diving with great white sharks (Carcharodon carcharias), the trip has gone on to dive with a large group of Australian sea lions (Neophoca cinerea). We are hoping that Douglas will avoid further detours and will be diving on some jetties in the next instalment!
New species of river dolphin discovered in Brazil
Douglas Seifert’s illustrated notes from the field: Part 1
Long time underwater photographer and writer Douglas Seifert shares anecdotes, thoughts and images as he travels and dives along the South Australian coast. The aim of the trip started out being a macro photography one, but Douglas and his group seem to have got somewhat sidetracked by great white sharks. Douglas will be updating his “Field Notes” as his trip progressed, so please check back to see the latest instalment.
Scubazoo publishes book on Sabah
Scubazoo, based at Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia, has just published a new book entitled “Sensational Seas of Sabah.” The book features 300 images of marine life and seascapes arranged on the form of a journey from Tiga Island in the south west to Sipadan in the south.
- California shark fin ban takes effect this week (via )
- 200 year old fish caught off Alaska (via )
- Latest videos from the ICJ trial of Japanese commercial whaling (via )
- July/August issue (#73) of UWP Magazine is available now (via )
- Carl Zeiss rebrands as just ZEISS (via )
- DIVE magazine’s July issue is out now (via )
- Issue 29 of the Underwater Journal is now available to download (via )
- Lampreys get “hot” for each other (via BBC)
- Air New Zealand’s full ban on shark fin cargo (via )
- National Geographic Taveler Photo Contest still open (via )