Underwater Housing for Fuji F710 Widescreen
Digital Media Cards Compared
Wetpixel March/April Contest Winners
Congratulations to the winners of our first Wetpixel official photo contest! All of us were very impressed with the caliber of the submissions, and chosing the winners was not an easy task! See the winning entries here.
1st Place: "Loving Leafies" by Dave Harasti (Dave H)
2nd Place: "WWII Corsair Airplane" by (lidde)
3rd Place: "The thing" by Dany Weinberg (BIKO)
Hon Mention: "Free climbing" by Francesco Visintin (france_vis)
Winners are chosen by our world-renowned jury of photographers and will receive prizes from our contest sponsors: Aquatica, Pictopia, Ikelite, Gates Housings, Ultralight Control Systems, Marine Camera Distributors, INON America, and Fathoms.
Be sure to enter our official May/June 2004 photo contest, which will be accepting entries until the end of this month.
Celebrate the Sea/Wetpixel Contest
Nikon: exit from compact film cameras?
Excerpt from "Nikon Boosts Digital Cameras, Eyes Exit from Film":
"Canon and Nikon control nearly all of the nascent digital SLR market. They are also the leading makers of film SLRs, but demand is declining due to a rapid switch to digital models.
"Kimura said Nikon had no plans to stop producing film SLRs, but that it may next year start considering pulling out of the film compact camera business due to a sharp plunge in demand.
"'There is still the matter of timing, but eventually we will have to dissolve [the film] business," Kimura said. 'There really is no region in the world where you can do good business in compact film cameras anymore.'"
Ikelite SD10 Housing
Ikelite/Sigma SD10 Review Posted
Inon Support for the Canon Powershot S1
M67 Mount Base DC20
Optical D Cable/Cap W5 Set with Clear Photo Film
Grip Base DIII
- Seacam announces D810 housing-details to follow (via )
- Australia to scrap plan for dumping near Great Barrier Reef (via )
- British Wildlife Photography Awards 2014 announced (via )
- X-Ray Mag number 62 is available (via )
- Underwater Photography magazine issue 80 is now available to… (via )
- September issue of DIVE magazine available (via )
- Nikon updates D4s firmware to C:1:10 (via )
- Volcano erupts in Papua New Guinea (via )
- A statement from the “selfie” monkey (via )
- GoPro releases tutorial Field Guide (via )