Adobe creates a furore over its Creative Cloud plans
The Adobe MAX address on Monday focused on Adobe’s roadmap for the future regarding ownership of software. Their traditional distribution of software via bought versions has been abandoned and will be replaced almost entirely with a subscription based model. This has caused some outrage in the imaging community.
Call for entries: World ShootOut Junior category
The World ShootOut is calling for entries for their “Children of the World ShootOut” category. This is open to all young people aged between 7 to 14 years and images must have been taken whilst snorkeling or scuba diving with a compact camera in a housing or a waterproof compact camera.
Adobe MAX keynote available online
The Adobe MAX “Creativity Conference” is being held this week in Los Angeles. The event is likely to feature notable new product announcements including an exciting new Photoshop product that has been trailed and possibly the version of Lightroom for the iPad that was debuted by Tom Hogarty on Scott Kelby’s podcast last week.
Video: Finding Yourself by Christian Vizl
Photographer Christian Vizl has shared “Finding Yourself”, a video of a photo shoot with freediver Maca Benitez in a Mexican cenote. Directed by Alex Luke, the film explains Christian’s vision for the images, and then shows him creating them. It forms part of his project to create a collection of images from the cenotes, with a view of eventually producing a book.
Product release: Nauticam housing for EOS-6D
Nauticam has released full details of their NA-6D housing for the Canon EOS 6D camera that will be available from 15 May at a US retail price of $3,300. The housing features the multi controller pad from their Nikon housings giving access to the camera’s 8-way controller, and a dial that controls the camera’s rear command dial on the right hand side of the housing.
Nauticam previews housing for Atomos Ninja 2
Sony updates HDR-AS15 Action Cam
Sony has announced the release of a firmware upgrade and new accessories for their HDR-AS15 Action Cam. The firmware boosts the camera’s available framerate at 1080 to 60 frames progressive. In addition there is an underwater setting which is designed to give better White Balance underwater.
REEF to hold festival in Key Largo
The Reef Environmental Education Foundation (REEF) is hosting a 4 day festival of diving, learning and parties in Key Largo, Florida from 8 to 11 August. The event celebrates 2013 as the organization’s twentieth year.
- Dr. Sylvia Earle speaks on “Quest for Sustainable Seas” at UC… (via )
- Manta trade proves that no species is safe from burgeoning… (via )
- Hundreds of sea lion pups wash ashore in California (via )
- Nikon repairs salt damaged lens by boiling it (via )
- Ocean plankton soaks up more than twice the carbon previously… (via )
- NCUPS’s SEA underwater photo and video competition is accepting… (via )
- In the forum: Dive the World Magazine closes down (via )
- The 2013 BSoUP Splash in to be held on 6 July in Plymouth, UK. (via )
- Sony releases firmware v1.10 for F5, F55 and AXA-R5 cameras.… (via )
- PEW sets out the case for a marine reserve off East Antarctica (via )