Join us! Wetpixel Whale Sharks 2017
Wetpixel returns to Isla Mujeres in August 2017 to observe and document the amazing whale shark (Rhincodon typus) aggregation. One of nature’s most amazing and unique events, hundreds of whale sharks gather each year to feed on eggs spawned by bonito (Euthynnus alletteratus) off the island. Join us to witness this amazing spectacle.
Cathy Church announces USA seminar dates
Six areas added to the California Coastal National Monument
Today President Obama designated an additional six areas as part of the California Coastal National Monument. The six areas total 6,230 acres and include some small islands off the coast of Orange County as well as a large piece of land in Santa Cruz. Currently all of the land is managed by the U.S. Bureau of Land Management, some of it since 2014, but the new status protects the areas from future development. Image from Shutterstock.
Call for entries: Dive Travel Show photo contest
Buceo Iberico in conjunction with Dive Travel Show has announced the 2017 Underwater Photo Contest Dive Travel Show. It is being held in conjunction with the Dive Travel Show which will be held in Madrid, Spain on 4 and 5 March. There is no entry fee and the deadline for entries is 14 February.
Bite Back calendars on sale
UK Environmental charity Bite Back are offering their remaining 2017 calendars at half price. They feature images by Alex Mustard, Amanda Cotton, Amos Nachoum, Anna Burn, Brian Skerry, Christian Vizl, David Doubilet, Ellen Cuylaerts, Jane Morgan, Jason Isley, Pash Baker, Steve Jones and Tanya Houppermans.
2016 Ocean Art Winners announced
Call for entries: Oasis Photo Contest 2017
The 2017 Oasis Photo Contest is calling for entries. Offering cash prizes, there is a specific category for underwater photography. The deadline for entries is 28 February 2017.
X-Ray Magazine 77 available to download
- NG photo of the day Humpback by Karim Iliya (via )
- Adobe updates Camera Raw to version 9.1.1 (via )
- Adobe updates Lightroom CC to version 2015.1.1 (via )
- Bioluminescent NG photo of the day by Pooyan Shadpoor (via )
- Photos of a surfer riding a wave while on fire (via )
- GoPro to launch new video editing app (via )
- Alert level raised for Grenada’s underwater volcano (via )
- Google+ photos merging to Google photos August 1 (via )
- Adobe updates Lightroom for Android to version 1.2 (via )
- Canon updates DPP to version 4.3.0 (via )