Blackmagic Design unveils its Pocket Cinema Camera
Blackmagic Design has unveiled its Pocket Cinema Camera at NAB today. This features a Super 16mm sized sensor with a 1080 HD output, 13 stop exposure latitude, recording direct to an SD card in ProRes 422 or lossless 12 Bit Log RAW CinemaDNG formats and takes standard Micro 4/3s lenses. Its size and weight are similar to that of a compact camera and the camera’s specifications include remote control via LANC, so there may well be an easy way to incorporate controls into an underwater housing.
Interview: Joe Romeiro
Aditech updates its Sony housings
Aditech has released a new version of their Mangrove MVHS-L and MVHS-XL housings. This provides support for Sony camcorders that are equipped with the new Sony Multi connector. As with previous models, the rear of the housing is made of Delrin, and it features a control system using LANC control that gives access to all camcorder functions via 12 electromagnetic pushbuttons.
Ikelite announces D7100 housing
Ikelite has announced the imminent release of its housing for the Nikon D7100 camera. The polycarbonate housing gives access to all important camera functions, has an optically corrected glass viewfinder and built-in TTL exposure when used with Ikelite strobes. Ports are available for most popular lenses.
Canon announces two new pro camcorders
Canon has announced the release of two new pro camcorders. The XA25 and XA20 are designed to be ultra compact and offer the ability to record two different formats simultaneously onto two SD cards. The cameras have a wide-angle zoom lens with a close focus of 60cm (24”), a 2.91-megapixel 1/2.84-inch HD CMOS image sensor and DIGIC DV 4 image processor. The XA25 has a BNC fitting that outputs HD/SDI, and both cameras feature dual-band wireless support.
Video: Sharks of Bimini
Canon to develop 35mm Cinema Prime lens
In its pre-NAB press releases, Canon has announced that it plans to develop a 35mm Cinema Prime lens. The EF-mount lens will deliver 4K optical performance and will be designed to suit professional level applications. It is expected to start shipping later this year.
MantaWatch publishes manta interaction guidelines
MantaWatch has published a series of guidelines for responsible interactions with manta rays. The organization aims to use people’s images of the markings on mantas to identify specific individual animals and hence to record sightings of them over time. This information will be databased and used to extend knowledge of manta migration and habitat preferences.
- The Nikon Coolpix A: Why it is way more important than you think (via )
- Issue 26 of African Diver magazine is now available to download (via African Diver)
- A great photographic account of the operations at NASA’s neutral… (via )
- Canon has developed a high-sensitivity low noise full-frame CMOS… (via )
- Think Tank releases new battery and Compact Flash card pouches. (via )
- Issue 53 of X-Ray Mag is available to download (via )
- Ocean Film Festival begins 03-07-2013 in San Francisco (via )
- The March issue of DIVE magazine is now available online (via )
- Underwater Photographry magazine issue 71 is available to… (via )
- Hope still for a pro Nikon DX body: “The D7100 is not… (via )