Video: RED Dragon underwater
Video: Schooling sharks in Fakarava
Wetpixel publisher Eric Cheng has posted some stunning footage of schooling grey reef sharks (Carcharhinus amblyrhynchos) at Fakarava’s south pass (Tomakohua) in French Polynesia. As it was shot with a Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera in CinemaDNG RAW format at 24fps, the colour correction and conversion was carried out in Lightroom.
Ikelite announces housing for RX100 III
Ikelite has announced their new housing for the Sony RX100 III. It features access to both front and rear control dials, which are critical for using the camera in manual mode. The front control ring is gear driven, making for easy access to the dial. The housing features dual fiber optic ports for strobe triggering.
Final call: SDUFEX 2014
Nikon releases NX-D image processing software
Video: Behind the scenes fashion with Alex Mustard
Wetpixel Ultimate Tiger Sharks 2015
After a hiatus of a few years, Wetpixel will be returning to photograph and dive with the amazing shark populations of the Bahamas from 4 to 10 January 2015. The trip is designed to maximise time and to get great images of the tiger sharks (Galeocerdo cuvier) of the famous Tiger Beach. Places are strictly limited, so please don’t delay getting in contact.
5-acre underwater dive park planned for Dubai
Plans for The Pearl of Dubai, a five-acre underwater park, have been announced. The underwater park is being billed as the largest sustainable underwater tourism site. The goal for the “green” development is to attract swimmers, snorkelers, scuba divers and marine life to the underwater artificial reef structures.The plans for the underwater development were inspired by the Pirates of the Caribbean and Avatar films.
- Sponges allow corals to thrive in marine deserts (via BBC)
- New free Lightroom Quick Start guide available to download (via )
- Sixty new species discovered in Suriname (via )
- National Geographic photography issue (via )
- Dolphin deaths on east coast and morbiliivirus (via )
- Adobe servers hacked (via )
- This is what a beach covered in walruses looks like (via )
- Nick Brandt’s new book of calcified animals (via )
- How to remove people and cars from your time-lapse (via )
- Scientists warn that ocean conservation efforts may be misplaced (via BBC)