Wetpixel May/June 2004 Contest Winners
Congratulations to the winners of the May/June 2004 Wetpixel Official Photo Contest!
The May/June contest was very, very close, and many of the entries we received were excellent. In fact, the winning entries were so close that we had to resolve 2nd and 3rd place by a third-party tie-break.
1st Place: Mastigias Jellyfish - Mike Veitch (TahitiMike)
2nd Place: Reef Squid Predation - Andy Heath (Andy H)
3rd Place: bavosa nel buco - Francesco Visintin (france_vis)
DEMA 2004 Show Report
James Wiseman, Craig Jones, and I spent four days scouring the show floor for new digital still and video products, and in the show report are descriptive text and nearly 300 images of the digital products that were featured.
Please let me know if you have any corrections and/or additions to the content!
DEMA Show 2004 Report
Wetpixel at DEMA 2004
Wetpixel administrators Eric Cheng, Craig Jones, and James Wiseman are in town through Oct 16th to attend this years DEMA diving expo. Check back after the show to learn about this years new and exciting underwater photography equipment developments.
Update from Eric: It's 3:42AM, and I'm cranking away! Expect the update soon (tomorrow?).
Sea & Sea YS-55TTL/E Strobe
LAUPS 42nd Photo Contest Results
UwP Mag Issue #21
Eric Cheng to speak at NCUPS on Friday
The talk starts at 8pm, but "social time" begins at 7:30pm.
- DSTRUX brings control to sharing images online (via )
- Shark week is more dangerous than sharks (via )
- NG photo of the day by Mike Korostolev (via )
- World’s fastest camera shoots at 4.4 trillion frames per… (via )
- Australian humpback dolphin is world’s newest dolphin… (via )
- Baby whale saved from Australian shark net (via )
- Showing sharks in a positive light by George Probst (via )
- Apple expands OS X Mavericks raw support (via )
- Photographer Michael Muller takes over Discovery Instagram for… (via )
- NG photo of the day by Sandro Lonardi (via )