Sony releases the a7 and a7R cameras
Early this morning Sony released two new mirrorless full-frame sensor cameras with interchangeable lenses, the a7 and a7R. These are by far the smallest and lightest full frame interchangeable lensed cameras on the market (think Olympus OM-D EM-1) and boast a 24 and 36 megapixel sensor, respectively.
New accessories at DEMA from UW Fotopartner
DEMA Digital Imaging party announced!
The Wetpixel and DivePhotoGuide Digital Imaging party at DEMA 2013 will be on thursday night November 7th from 8 to 11pm. Like the last lively Orlando DEMA party, this one will also be poolside at the Rosen Center.
Giant Oarfish found off Catalina Island
Basking sharks return to British waters
Basking sharks have been seen off British waters in increasing and consistent numbers during the summer months, but scientists are still uncertain where the large fish head in the winter. The full Guardian article outlines the history of these magnificent creatures in British waters.
Retra announces the uTrigger
Retra has announced a new underwater remote trigger that works wirelessly through housing walls. It consists of a internal sensor and a wireless external unit that is attached to a push button remote by wire. It works with both AF and manual focus settings and the trigger can be locked to make long exposures.
Video: Mucky Secrets by Nick Hope
Sea & Sea announces the RDX-100D housing
Sea & Sea has announced the release of a polycarbonate housing for the Canon EOS EOS Rebel SL1/100D. The RDX-100D can be fitted with Sea & Sea’s internal YS TTL convertor although it is supplied with 2 fiber optic ports as standard. It also features a redesigned focus/zoom control and is compatible with the company’s magnified viewfinders.
- Think Tank launches the “About a Photography” video… (via )
- Issue 28 of the The Underwater Journal available to download (via )
- Basking sharks avoiding Scotland’s cooler waters (via )
- BBC revisits Final Cut Pro X (via )
- Canon produces its 90 millionth EF lens (via )
- Canon offers rebates on the EOS 5D, 6D and 7D SLRs (via )
- Pistol shrimp filmed in super slow motion (via )
- Canon EOS 50D shoots RAW video (via )
- Thom Hogan on the rumors of Olympus’s demise in 2014 (via )
- Vincent Laforet shoots RED 5K infra red with MoVI steadicam (via )