GoPro recalls all Karma drones
Fantasea announces RX100 Mark V compatibility
Fantasea has announced that its existing polycarbonate FRX100 IV housing is fully compatible with the new Sony RX100 V camera. Housing features include access to all “essential” camera controls, an integrated electronic leak detector and an M67 port adaptor to allow the use of accessory wet lenses.
New app helps find airport wifi
As underwater image makers, we tend to spend more than our fair share of our lives marooned in transit. Often, part of this is spent trying to be productive by getting online. A new app, WiFox created by travel blogger Anil Polat provides a crowd sourced list of free wifi networks in airports worldwide to assist with this.
Aquatica announces housing for EOS 5D Mark IV
Aquatica has released details of their forthcoming housing for the Canon EOS 5D Mark IV camera. The A5DMk IV has improved ergonomics, with the “SET” button being repositioned and a new button added for the AF Area control. Strobe triggering can be via optional Ikelite TTL control (with Ike strobes) and the housing supports Aquatica’s port range.
Adidas releases shoe made from ocean plastic
Adidas and Parley for the Oceans have teamed up to produce a shoe made from recycled ocean plastic. 7,000 pairs will be manufactured and sold for an MSRP of $220 in the first initial batch this November. The plastic is collected from the waters surrounding the Maldives and 95 percent of the upper will be made from the recycled ocean plastic.
TRT-Electronics releases the Turtle TTL strobe trigger
Trt-Electronics has launched the Turtle TTL strobe trigger. According to the manufacturer it is the world’s smallest hotshoe mounted full-featured TTL rechargeable electronic strobe trigger. It is available for Nikon and Canon camera and adds the option of rear curtain sync to older Canon models.
The Azores with Nikon’s D500 by Don Silcock
Issue 93 of Underwater Photography magazine available
Underwater Photography (UwP) magazine issue 93 is now available to download. The November December issue features articles about the Wildlife Photographer of the Year contest results, shark photography and ramblings in the UK’s South West. Reviewed equipment includes the Cinebags CB70, Nauticam NA-GX85, i-Divesite Symbiosis and the Canon 8-15mm EF lens.
- Outdoor Photographer magazine sold to Madavor Media (via )
- Volunteer Divers Needed for Giant Sea Bass Count August 1-16,… (via )
- Atomos upgrades Shogun firmware to AtomOS6.4 (via )
- Obama administration delivers blow to Shell’s Arctic drilling… (via )
- The most common vertebrate in the world is a fish (via )
- Adobe Dehaze: a tool for dealing with backscatter (via )
- Facebook unveils new Snapchat-esque photo editing (via )
- Starfish excrete foreign bodies through their arms (via )
- Tamales Bay revival exceeds expectations in just seven years (via )
- Swimming with sharks off Oahu, Hawaii (via )