Nikon announces the D5600 SLR camera
Nikon has announced the D5600 SLR camera. It is an entry level model, featuring a DX 24.4MP sensor with a native ISO range of 100 to 25600. It does not have a built in lens focusing motor so lens choices for underwater use are unfortunately limited.
GoPro recalls all Karma drones
Fantasea announces RX100 Mark V compatibility
Fantasea has announced that its existing polycarbonate FRX100 IV housing is fully compatible with the new Sony RX100 V camera. Housing features include access to all “essential” camera controls, an integrated electronic leak detector and an M67 port adaptor to allow the use of accessory wet lenses.
New app helps find airport wifi
As underwater image makers, we tend to spend more than our fair share of our lives marooned in transit. Often, part of this is spent trying to be productive by getting online. A new app, WiFox created by travel blogger Anil Polat provides a crowd sourced list of free wifi networks in airports worldwide to assist with this.
Aquatica announces housing for EOS 5D Mark IV
Aquatica has released details of their forthcoming housing for the Canon EOS 5D Mark IV camera. The A5DMk IV has improved ergonomics, with the “SET” button being repositioned and a new button added for the AF Area control. Strobe triggering can be via optional Ikelite TTL control (with Ike strobes) and the housing supports Aquatica’s port range.
Adidas releases shoe made from ocean plastic
Adidas and Parley for the Oceans have teamed up to produce a shoe made from recycled ocean plastic. 7,000 pairs will be manufactured and sold for an MSRP of $220 in the first initial batch this November. The plastic is collected from the waters surrounding the Maldives and 95 percent of the upper will be made from the recycled ocean plastic.
TRT-Electronics releases the Turtle TTL strobe trigger
Trt-Electronics has launched the Turtle TTL strobe trigger. According to the manufacturer it is the world’s smallest hotshoe mounted full-featured TTL rechargeable electronic strobe trigger. It is available for Nikon and Canon camera and adds the option of rear curtain sync to older Canon models.
The Azores with Nikon’s D500 by Don Silcock
- Apple releases version 6.05 of Raw compatibility software (via )
- Nikon D750 advisory for shutter shading (via )
- Outdoor Photographer magazine sold to Madavor Media (via )
- Volunteer Divers Needed for Giant Sea Bass Count August 1-16,… (via )
- Atomos upgrades Shogun firmware to AtomOS6.4 (via )
- Obama administration delivers blow to Shell’s Arctic drilling… (via )
- The most common vertebrate in the world is a fish (via )
- Adobe Dehaze: a tool for dealing with backscatter (via )
- Facebook unveils new Snapchat-esque photo editing (via )
- Starfish excrete foreign bodies through their arms (via )