Isotta ships housing for Sony a7 Mark III and a7r Mark III
Isotta is shipping their housing for the Sony a7 Mark III and a7r Mark III full frame mirrorless cameras. Featuring the company’s standard 120mm bayonet port system and having two fiber optic ports that can be used with the camera’s built-in flash, the housing also has 2 M16 ports for external accessories.
Trips: Wetpixel Whale Sharks 2019
Wetpixel is running two trips to Isla Mujeres to snorkel, photograph and video the amazing whale shark (Rhincodon typus) aggregation. An annual event, our experience is that early to mid-August is the prime time with the sharks being most concentrated and in large numbers. Hence our trips for 2019 will run from 4 to 10 August and then from 10 to 16 August.
Video: Orca Kingdom by Behind the Mask
Sea&Sea announces MDX housing for Nikon Z6 and Z7
Sea&Sea has announced their MDX housing for the Nikon Z7 and Z6 full frame mirrorless cameras. It works with Sea&Sea’s MDX-series ports and gears and it will accommodate F-mount lenses and Nikon’s FTZ mount adapter. The housing’s focus/zoom dial has two gears, one for F-mount lenses and one for Z-mount lenses. Strobe triggering is via an electrical connector or the optional hotshoe-mounted Optical YS converter.
It’s that time of year again, when thousands of divers and underwater photographers descend on the desert in the middle of Nevada. DEMA 2018 has started and Wetpixel is here covering it once again. Our coverage this year is a bit more relaxed as we seek to feature some of the highlights of what it is like to be immersed in the show itself. Check the Wetpixel website for new gear announcements with in depth features.
Nauticam ships housing for Nikon Z6 and Z7 mirrorless cameras
Nauticam is shipping their housing for the Nikon Z6 and Z7 full frame mirrorless cameras. It is compatible with the company’s existing N120 port systems and Nikon’s F mount lenses via adapter, as well as Z mount lenses. The housing offers 2 lens releases buttons to cope with this. The NA-Z7 is shipped with a manual optoelectrical flash trigger preinstalled and has a lever allowing easy switching between EVF and LCD screen.
Results: Santi Photo Awards 2018
Erin Quigley adds Lightroom and Photoshop tutorials
- Google removes “view image” button in image search to protect… (via )
- What National Geographic photo editors actually do (via )
- Adobe updates Lightroom CC Classic to version 7.2 (via )
- Here are Canon and Nikon’s crazy stockpiles at the Winter… (via )
- Underwater “rock climbing” by Australian freediver (via )
- A tale of a successful rescue from an underwater cave (via )
- Researcher of illegal wildlife trade murdered in Kenya (via )
- Trump inadvertently boosts donations to shark conservation… (via )
- Sir David Attenborough’s speech about saving the oceans (via )
- At 215 miles long, the world’s longest underwater cave has been… (via )