INON unveils LF1100-W LED light
Inon has announced the LF1100-W LED light. The new light is the first wide version in the LF series with a maximum output of 1100 lumens and an angle of 85 degrees. The light uses 3 AA batteries. The light is native 5000K and can also be used as a dive light with its low mode setting.
Ikelite announces housing for Canon G7
Ikelite has announced their new housing for the Canon PowerShot G7 X compact camera. Constructed of the company’s signature clear acrylic, the housing features 67mm accessory lens threads and two fiber optic ports. Alternatively, the housing can be teamed up with Ikelite’s own AF35 optical TTL strobe.
Manta ray images required for science
The Marine Megafauna Foundation is asking citizen scientists and photographers to submit their images of reef manta rays (Manta alfredi) to its Manta Matcher database. This is in an effort to support additional protection for the species by getting them included onto the Conservation for Migratory Species listing.
Report: El Hierro Fotosub
The El Hierro Fotosub contest was held from 11 to 19 October on the island of El Hierro, Spain. Photosub contests are “splash in” style contests that concentrate on the images that are produced in camera. Carlos Villoch writes that “the winning team was led by last year’s CMAS Spain Champion Marc Gimenez with the second placed team led by CMAS World Champion David Barrio.”
Ikelite announces tray with dual release handles
Canon announces EOS C100 Mark II
Canon has announced the second generation of its EOS C100 digital video camera. It features AVCHD and MP4 1920x1080/60p recording, uncompressed YCbCr output from HDMI, a 3.5-inch 1.23 megapixel OLED display panel, Dual Pixel CMOS AF and the new DIGIC DV4 image processor.
Tony Wu in Outdoor Photographer
Results: Wildlife Photographer of the Year 2014
The results of the 2014 Wildlife Photographer of the Year contest were announced last night at a gala occasion at the Natural History Museum in London, England. The winner of the Underwater Species category was Indra Swart Wonowidjojo of Indonesia with an image of two whale sharks (Rhincodon typus) taken at Cenderawasih Bay. Heartfelt congratulations to all those placed in the contest.
- Kickstarter funded Pronto charges camera batteries 12x faster (via )
- Delkin debuts most rugged SD cards that are virtually… (via )
- Nikon updates Capture NX-D and View NX (via )
- New lithium batteries have lifespan of over 20 years (via )
- Humboldt squid attack Greenpeace submarine (via )
- Daniel Botelho captures splits shots of planes and snorkelers (via )
- Oceana finds rich biodiversity around Canary Islands (via )
- Panasonic patents optical viewfinder for mirrorless cameras that… (via )
- The Maldives trash island pollution problem (via )
- Wetpixel review of Nikon 810 on Nikon Rumors (via )