New study shows why oyster recovery in Chesapeake Bay is struggling
Video: Cristian Dimitrius on the wildlife filmmaking industry
Indonesia punishes illegal manta ray trader
In Indonesia’s “tough, new stance to protect manta rays and stop illegal fishing and trading” the first illegal trader of manta ray parts has been sentenced. The trader, known as Wrd, was arrested with four others in August and September of last year. This is the first sentencing to be handed down under the new law that was enacted last year.
Ikelite releases port extension
Ikelite has released a 2.2 inch port extension that provides compatibility for various longer lenses when used in conjunction with their mirrorless flat port. It attaches using Ikelite’s press-fit design common to their mirrorless and compact SLR housings.
Cozumel diving guide ebook available
Steve Rosenberg has let us know that his updated Dive Cozumel interactive eBook is available now. It features extensive information on both diving and land activities as well as practical travel recommendations and tips. It also includes a complete section on the marine life found in the waters near Cozumel.
Easydive announces the Leo III housing
Easydive has released a new version of their Leo housing. The Leo III uses electronic control of most camera functions, which allows it to be upgraded for use with different camera models. It ships with 2 Nikonos and fiber optic connectors. It can be fitted with port connections for other manufacturers ports if required.
Video: Shark sightings at the Shipwreck Graveyard
Nikon at the CP+ show
Nikon’s new products at the CP+ show are limited. All that has been announced thus far is a version of the D810 with a modified IR filter specifically for astrophotographers (D810a) and several new compacts. Perhaps the most interesting of these is the AW130, a waterproof compact camera capable of being used to 100ft (30m).
- Sea Lions of the Galapagos Islands (via )
- How deep can fish swim? (via )
- Over underwater photographs in a tank (via )
- RED Dragon sensor outperforms Nikon D800e in DxO tests (via )
- March issue of DIVE magazine is now available (via )
- Issue 77 of UwP magazine is now available to download (via )
- Underwater photography tips from Outside magazine (via )
- Video: Amateur photographer tracks the decline in mirrorless… (via )
- New suit allows diving to 1,000 feet (305m) (via )
- Best UW compact cameras 2014 (via )