Earth Touch: Fish out of water
Earth Touch News has published their latest video in the Wild Oceans portion of their video library. This week features mudskippers, fish that can venture out of the water and do some cool stuff.
Ikelite WD-3 Wide Angle Dome lens available
Ikelite are now shipping their WD-3 wide angle wet lens. Designed to minimise vignetting, the lens simply fits onto any Ikelite housing with a 3 inch diameter lens port. It can be removed and attached underwater
Ikelite ships housing for EOS M3
At DEMA in 2015, Ikelite announced their plans to support the Canon EOS M3 mirrorless camera. The new housing is now shipping and offers TTL compatibility with DS series strobes, electric connection with other strobes and fiber optic ports for optical triggering. Ikelite are offering support for “all popular” lenses.
Great White Shark dies after 3 days in captivity in Okinawa aquarium
A great white shark has dies after three days in captivity in a Japanese aquarium. The shark, which was a male that measured eleven-feet long, was accidentally caught in a fishing net in southwestern Japan on tuesday of last week. The Okinawa Churaumi Aquarium brought the shark into one of its tanks for display. Image from Shutterstock.
Call for entries: Our World Underwater 2016
he 2016 Our World Underwater contest is rapidly approaching its deadline. Together with its sister contest DEEP Indonesia, it is widely regarded as one of the most prestigious underwater imaging contests worldwide and offers over $100K in prizes. The deadline for entries is 6 February, so the countdown has started…..
Gates announces XA35 housing
Gates Underwater Products has announced support of the Canon XA35, XA30 and HF-G40 cameras. The XA-35 housing will also support the XA25, XA20 AND HF-G30 cameras. The housing features a modular port system and can be fitted with a variety of accessories.
Sony announces pro XQD and SD cards and readers
Sony has announced a new range of SD and XQD memory cards. The XQD-M series cards provide a write speed of 150 MB/s and the SF-M Sd cards 100MB/s. They are both available in a range of capacities from 32Gb through to 128GB. Sony are also offering a USB 3.1 combined XQD and SD card reader and a new stand alone USB XQD card reader.
Cousteau vessel to be restored
- Underwater fashion photoshoot using Sony Xperia Z3 (via )
- Canon photographer Tyler Stableford on photographing whale sharks (via )
- Wetpixel black and white article on Outdoor Photographer (via )
- Underwater photography in space (via )
- Kodak’s 360 degree action cam (via )
- Issue 81 of Underwater Photographer Magazine is now available (via )
- Go diving in Nevada before or after DEMA this year (via )
- Oceana study shows one-third of shrimp sold is mislabeled (via )
- Gordon Laing reviews the Panasonic LX100 4K compact (via )
- Great White Sharks NG photo of the day by Marc Henauer (via )