Spaces on Dominica sperm whale trip available
Our good friend and awesome photographer, Keri Wilk, is running two trips to photograph sperm whales (Physeter macrocephalus) in Dominica this coming February and March. He has just let us know that a few spots have opened up due to very last minute cancellations, so they are up for grabs immediately.
New version of Bermuda Reef Life App released
The Bermuda Zoological Society and the Atlantic Conservation Partnership have released version 2 of their Bermuda Reef Life App. It now contains 260 images of 136 species of the area’s marine life, and has updated several taxonomic changes.
Image: “Flying High” by Rico Besserdich
SAGA releases new close-up lenses
Spanish manufacturer SAGA has launched three new close-up lenses. These are achromatic “wet” diopters with 67mm threads on both front and rear. They are available in +5, +10 and +15 strengths.
Video: Clark Little release new book Shorebreak
Call for entries: Wildlife Photographer of the Year
Sea Save Fundraising Auction closing soon - Dec 12th
Several bands cancel shows at Sea World because of Blackfish
- California shark fin ban takes effect this week (via )
- 200 year old fish caught off Alaska (via )
- Latest videos from the ICJ trial of Japanese commercial whaling (via )
- July/August issue (#73) of UWP Magazine is available now (via )
- Carl Zeiss rebrands as just ZEISS (via )
- DIVE magazine’s July issue is out now (via )
- Issue 29 of the Underwater Journal is now available to download (via )
- Lampreys get “hot” for each other (via BBC)
- Air New Zealand’s full ban on shark fin cargo (via )
- National Geographic Taveler Photo Contest still open (via )