Sony updates HDR-AS15 Action Cam
Sony has announced the release of a firmware upgrade and new accessories for their HDR-AS15 Action Cam. The firmware boosts the camera’s available framerate at 1080 to 60 frames progressive. In addition there is an underwater setting which is designed to give better White Balance underwater.
REEF to hold festival in Key Largo
The Reef Environmental Education Foundation (REEF) is hosting a 4 day festival of diving, learning and parties in Key Largo, Florida from 8 to 11 August. The event celebrates 2013 as the organization’s twentieth year.
Call for entries: Sharks in Focus photography competition
Nauticam announces the NA-D7100 housing
Nauticam USA has announced the specifications of their housing for the Nikon D7100 SLR camera. Shipping from 5 May at a US retail price of $3,200, the NA-D7100 features ISO, image review, record and AF/AE lock levers, a new lever to activate the camera’s info button and a locking control for the mode dial lock button.
Preview: Nikon D7100 underwater
UK government attacks copyright laws
Edmond Terakopian reports in his blog that the UK government has passed an Act that will allow the unauthorized use and free use of any work that is considered “orphaned”. The Enterprise and Regulatory Reform Act means that any digital work that does not have metadata or watermarking showing ownership can be used without payment.
First images of the Seacam housing for 5D Mark III
Seacam’s USA distributor Stephen Frink has supplied a series of images of the company’s new housing for the Canon EOS 5D Mark III SLR. The images were shot during his first in-water experience with the housing and the back drop to the images is actually the camera table of the Thailand Aggressor.
Imminent update for Canon EOS 5D Mark III
Canon USA announced in October 2012 that they were planning a firmware upgrade for the EOS 5D Mark III at the end of April. The update will give the option of outputting uncompressed video at YCbCr 4:2:2, 8 bit to an external recording device via the camera’s HDMI port. In addition, it will also expand AF via the central cross-type focus points with a maximum aperture of a lens and extender combination to f8.
- CNN: Overfished and under-protected; oceans on the brink of… (via )
- DeepX and 3Deep housings nominated for best innovations in film… (via )
- Nikon posts care instruction for Nikon 1 underwater housings (via )
- Fstoppers posts about the art of Lightroom catalog management (via )
- Adobe to stop shipping boxed software from 30 April 2013,… (via )
- Netflix expects 4K streaming within two years (via )
- Photographer lists his subject as a defendant in copyright suit (via )
- Fstoppers reviews the Sigma 17-70mm f2.8-4 lens (via )
- First images and specs of Canon EOS Kiss X7 SLR (via )
- A new study shows that stressed corals fluoresce less when… (via )