New product: Olympus PEN EP-5 mirrorless camera
Olympus has announced the release of a new flagship model in their PEN mirrorless range. The EP-5 features “Advanced 5-Axis Image Stabilization”, “high-speed response FAST AF” and 1/8000s maximum shutter speed. Controls can be accessed via a new “2x2 Dial Control” with a control lever which may help accessing functions in a housing and the VF-4 viewfinder is now detachable.
Pierre Carreau’s frozen wave photography
Adobe creates a furore over its Creative Cloud plans
The Adobe MAX address on Monday focused on Adobe’s roadmap for the future regarding ownership of software. Their traditional distribution of software via bought versions has been abandoned and will be replaced almost entirely with a subscription based model. This has caused some outrage in the imaging community.
Call for entries: World ShootOut Junior category
The World ShootOut is calling for entries for their “Children of the World ShootOut” category. This is open to all young people aged between 7 to 14 years and images must have been taken whilst snorkeling or scuba diving with a compact camera in a housing or a waterproof compact camera.
Adobe MAX keynote available online
The Adobe MAX “Creativity Conference” is being held this week in Los Angeles. The event is likely to feature notable new product announcements including an exciting new Photoshop product that has been trailed and possibly the version of Lightroom for the iPad that was debuted by Tom Hogarty on Scott Kelby’s podcast last week.
Video: Finding Yourself by Christian Vizl
Photographer Christian Vizl has shared “Finding Yourself”, a video of a photo shoot with freediver Maca Benitez in a Mexican cenote. Directed by Alex Luke, the film explains Christian’s vision for the images, and then shows him creating them. It forms part of his project to create a collection of images from the cenotes, with a view of eventually producing a book.
Product release: Nauticam housing for EOS-6D
Nauticam has released full details of their NA-6D housing for the Canon EOS 6D camera that will be available from 15 May at a US retail price of $3,300. The housing features the multi controller pad from their Nikon housings giving access to the camera’s 8-way controller, and a dial that controls the camera’s rear command dial on the right hand side of the housing.
Nauticam previews housing for Atomos Ninja 2
- DxOMark scores lenses for Nikon D800. Nikon 16-35mm f4 rated… (via )
- Canon Singapore offers a try before you buy scheme for EF and… (via )
- Amazing image of an tardigrade extremophile (or water bear) (via BBC)
- Adobe suggests customers should fly to the US to get better… (via )
- Possibly the strangest camera review ever! The Fuji x100 walks… (via )
- CNN: Overfished and under-protected; oceans on the brink of… (via )
- DeepX and 3Deep housings nominated for best innovations in film… (via )
- Nikon posts care instruction for Nikon 1 underwater housings (via )
- Fstoppers posts about the art of Lightroom catalog management (via )
- Adobe to stop shipping boxed software from 30 April 2013,… (via )