Image: Under ice panoramic
Gates releases details of new lights
DiveFilm HD launches 3D podcast
DiveFilm has launched a new stereoscopic 3D podcast on iTunes. In addition to the 130 underwater HD podcasts currently showcased on DiveFilm HD Video, the new DiveFilm 3D Video podcast will feature short 3D videos in side by side 3D format that can be viewed on any 3D display that handles side by side stereo video.
Canon launches irista
Canon has launched a cloud based image management platform called irista. It supports a wide range of image types, including RAW and has no file size limitations. A 10GB account is free and available anywhere while paid larger volume storage accounts are seemingly only available within parts of Europe
Shooting WA with multiple strobes - Clark Miller
Final call: Scuba Diving contest 2014
The 2014 Scuba Diving through the Lens contest is making its final call for entries. It has four categories, namely Macro, Divers, Wide-Angle and Behavior and the deadline is 7 June.
Coverage: Bahamas Underwater Photo Week part 3
We hope that you have been following and enjoying our coverage of the the Bahamas Underwater Photo Week so far. We have filled the first and second threads, so have decided to spit it off into another new one. If you haven’t done so already, please check out part 1 and part 2 of our coverage to date.
Call for entries: SDUFEX 2014
The 2014 San Diego UnderSea Film Exhibition is calling for entries. The event will be held on 10 and 11 October at the Irwin M. Jacobs Qualcomm Hall in San Diego, California. The deadline for submissions is 15 July 2014.
- Nikon D610 officially announced (via )
- Montserrat: An island abandoned and reclaimed by nature (via )
- Sponges allow corals to thrive in marine deserts (via BBC)
- New free Lightroom Quick Start guide available to download (via )
- Sixty new species discovered in Suriname (via )
- National Geographic photography issue (via )
- Dolphin deaths on east coast and morbiliivirus (via )
- Adobe servers hacked (via )
- This is what a beach covered in walruses looks like (via )
- Nick Brandt’s new book of calcified animals (via )