Great white shark predatory behavior captured by underwater drone
Book: Reflections from the Past by David Salvatori
Underwater photographer David Salvatori’s book about the Capodacqua Lake in Central Italy has been published. The lake is situated in beautiful scenery, crystal clear water and several submerged middle-age ruins.
Borneo from Below: Death by Plastic
The weekly web show, Borneo from Below, has published their latest episode online. This week features Bertie investigating the impact plastic has on our oceans indirectly and directly, in a sad occurrence of a deceased pilot whale whose stomach is filled with plastic garbage.
Pete Atkinson publishes ebook about diving and sailing in Polynesia
Pete Atkinson has published an ebook about his adventures above and below the surface while sailing around the South Pacific. In order to finance this, he earned a living taking pictures and having stories and his imagery published in diving and sailing magazines.
MBARI launches Deep-Sea Guide
The Monterey Bay Aquarium Research Institute (MBARI) has launched their Deep-Sea Guide. This gives access to the Institute’s database of 25 years worth of deep-sea ROV observations, which has not previously been open to the public. The database and its Video Annotation and Reference System software can be used to search for creatures via common or taxonomic names as well as data about occurrence, images of creatures and references.
Review: New World Publication pdf books
New World Publications has recently released 8 of their reference books as right managed pdfs. In addition, in November 2015, they released the second edition of their Reef Fish Identification - Tropical Pacific guidebook. Wetpixel editor, Adam Hanlon provides a review of the new format and the new book.
Earth Touch: Fish out of water
Earth Touch News has published their latest video in the Wild Oceans portion of their video library. This week features mudskippers, fish that can venture out of the water and do some cool stuff.
Ikelite WD-3 Wide Angle Dome lens available
Ikelite are now shipping their WD-3 wide angle wet lens. Designed to minimise vignetting, the lens simply fits onto any Ikelite housing with a 3 inch diameter lens port. It can be removed and attached underwater
- The story of an underwater ballroom, a swindler and death by… (via )
- Biodegradable fishing nets with tracking devices to cut down on… (via )
- Sony’s underwater store is 12 feet deep (via )
- The Olympus E-M5 II will use same sensor as predecessor (via )
- Freediver catches 70 pound lobster, names him Albert Girther,… (via )
- Documentary follows the film restoration of JAWS (via )
- High ISO Comparison: Nikon D750 Vs. D810 Vs. 7D Mark II Vs. 5D… (via )
- A day in the life of underwater photographers Tina Terras and… (via )
- Steve-O cited for Sea World sign prank (via )
- Apple updates Final Cut Pro X to 10.1.4 (via )