Lytro announces Cinema camera system
Light Field camera company Lytro has announced its Cinema camera. Designed for film and TV crews, the new camera makes it easier to blend live footage and computer-generated effects and allows directors to make changes to their footage in post-production that could previously only be made by reshooting the scene.
Paper Studies Coral Stress
A new paper published in the journal Marine Ecology Progress Series shows that the more stressors a coral reef experiences, the lower its survival rates. The study compared growth rates and other indicators on samples of Porites porites that had been pre exposed to elevated CO2 levels. (Image from Shutterstock).
Image: A huge black and white dolphin by Franco Banfi
Video: Finisterra by Erick Higuera
Canon announces the XC10 video and still camera
Canon has announced the XC10 “video and stills” camera. It is capable of UHD 4K footage onto an internal CFast card at 305Mbps. It has a 1” sensor which is also capable of producing 12 MP stills. In addition, Canon has also introduced the XF-AVC codec, with color at 4.2.2.
Tutorial: Autofocus issues
Steve Perry of Backcountry Gallery has posted a tutorial on troubleshooting problems with autofocus. The 14 minute video covers issues with lens calibration, dirty AF sensors, wrong AF modes, AF guide inaccuracy, heat refraction, using the wrong AF point, dirty lens contacts, and poor technique.
The underwater view of icebergs in Greenland
Underwater photographer Tobias Friedrich has captured a series of spectacular images showcasing the beauty of icebergs below the surface. The images were photographed in Tasiilaq Fjord in East Greenland and illustrate the enormity of icebergs that lurk hidden below the surface.
Video: Colorful clownfish hide out in anemone fish home
Earth Touch’s Wild Oceans channel has posted a new video. This week the video features clownfish hiding out and swimming around in their host anemone. The video was filmed by Stewart Whitfield.
- Amazon UK lists Lightroom 6 (via )
- Serif updates Affinity Photo beta (via )
- 5 ocean centric TED talks (via )
- Freediving underwater photographers on CNN (via )
- Issue 18 of Anima Mundi magazine is now available to download (via )
- MBARI develops simple open source underwater camera (via )
- Rihanna’s underwater shark shoot for Harper’s Bazaar (via )
- Images and specs of Nikon D810a leaked online (via )
- Adobe updates Lightroom Mobile to v.1.3 (via )
- Microsoft unveils image composite editor v2.0 (via )